Rentals in Milford>Question Details

Tom Conway, Renter in Branford, CT

what if ad is a scam?

Asked by Tom Conway, Branford, CT Sun Feb 26, 2012

called about home on w river st and could not get any help

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Milford

Answers

5
There is sooooooo much we don't know.
What did you call about?
Who did you call?
What message did you hear?
What message did you leave?

Most bank owned real estate that you would call about would get exactly the same response.
It is not a scam. It is standard operating procedure. I won't share the details here.

If you are calling that "too good to be true" ad, it may be just a teaser, misleading for sure, but not a scam.

"Send cash/western union and I'll send the keys"....well, that is Darwinism still at work.

If you don't know where and how to contact the folks you are conducting business with, you are on thin ice. Time and time again you will hear real estate professionals share good advise such as do business locally, where there are local business people to work with, hold accountable and refer future business.

Tom, if it quacks like a duck...it just might be a duck.
Web Reference: http://www.MyDunedin.com
Many ads are scams. There are some dead giveaways, such as "I have been called away and must rent", "send money and I will mail you the keys" or the asking price is too low for the area. Deal with a local Realtor who knows the market.
You called who, owner, Realtor, name next to an ad online?
Tom thank you for proving a point I tell people all the time. Hire a Realtor, a professional that knows this business inside and out. Whether a renter, buyer or seller, there are so many scams out there that t people get ripped off from. Don't become a victim. A Realtor will provide accurate data and will do the investigating on properties available that suit your needs. If you need a recommendation, I can help you.
Web Reference: http://Www.urhomega.com
It may not be a scam so much as a very busy realtor. Try calling a different realtor to see if you can get them to help you as a tenant's agent. And if it really IS a scam (there are lots of them out there these days, especially on sites like Craig's List), then report it to the Trulia staff, flag it, and let people know.