Rentals in Indianapolis>Question Details

Angel Robert…, Renter in Indianapolis, IN

what dose it take to find a house out here a cheep one?

Asked by Angel Robertson, Indianapolis, IN Wed Feb 6, 2013

just askin

Answers

10
Angel,
As others have asked. are you looking to buy or rent.
That makes a big difference.
-
Before you choose to 'go it alone' and engage an investor in their shananigans, you shour read this post by a buyer who decided the benefits of being represnted by a professional had no value...must like 'pop' is attempting to sell.

http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Buying/What_can_one_do_whe…

Just like Heidi, you WILL be looking for someone to blame. OR a home buyer can choose to benefit from the consutation of a professional who can advise regarding the things you don't know you don't know. Some beleive the 'DIY' message and fly too close to the sun. The resulting crash culminates in an attempt to blame someone else.

Fortunately, your question was posted Feb 6, 2013 and the need has very likely been fullfilled.

For those who aspire to circumvent the protections available to them, Pops song seems attractive. Just like rent to own, lease to own and Cheap homes...they are all looking for a victim and then they get out of town.

Real estate agent can and do sell homes AT ALL PRICE POINTS. Just take a stroll over to Realtor.com. See what I mean. What you don't know is there is anohter reason agents have no intertst in pops proposition. He failed to mention that.
The reason you can not find a cheap or below market house is because the agents and brokers will not sell a house below a certain sum... and to listen to them, is almost offensive to say the least. I have talked to these realtors , and I am just totally blow away but their attitude..

I WILL take on a client or project even if it is not the right amount of money to boost myself. These people dont see it in the same light.

In Indy, real estate brokers will not take on "Cheap Homes" so you can not find one, cause they really do not care.... or anything below lets say 60-75 K..... they make a point to tell you they need a home that will sell for $130K.. period. So you will have to find other sources.

I do have homes I want to sell, I dont have a broker---- and if you are interested in talking, please email me. Thanks.

I need to relocate. This is not a distress sale.. there are a lot of people trying to buy houses for very cheap... in fact they tell you they want to buy your house, and then they flip their sales pitch and start to negotiate you down... I have heard and seen this behavior with I will not deal with.

If you are interested in a home below market, I am selling 3 fixer uppers which need some repairs... about 6 weeks on each.
There are a lot of good properties are below market prices. Give me a call or email and we will find one that is right for you.
My contact informmation is below.

Dennis Walters
Dennis Walters Real Estate Group, Inc
dennis@denniswaltersrealestate.com
317-414-0522
Call a local realtor. They will be able to help you find a home in your price range if it is possible
Hello Angel,

Have you thought about buying a home on land contract where the Seller finances the purchase? They are the bank! If interested, email me at teamgroff@kw.com. Plus, as an Investor, I have resources to buying houses below retail. Call me!

Thanks!

Mark Groff
317-502-0333
Angel,

A great tool for any home search on the go is via my personal branded app. The link is below. type in what you are looking for and get the results instantly.

http://app.callcarpenter.com/kordgolliher

Call me if you ever need anything

317-430-7885
kgolliher@callcarpenter.com

Kord Golliher
Be very careful when checking out homes for rent on Craig's List. So many of them are total scams. If you get a response saying they had to go out of the country and want to deal with you (keys & rent + dep) via snail mail -- it's a scam. Just sayin'.....
Angel:

I don't know what you're looking for, but there are so many houses 'out there' that can be purchased at very low amounts. However, you must realize that most of the time, these homes need a lot of work and aren't anything close to being 'show homes.' But if you are willing to deal with some fixing-up and/or maybe some other factors that might be reasons the home is inexpensive, then you can find a big value in getting an inexpensive home.

There are several areas in the Indianapolis area, but Anderson is also an excellent area where the low-cost homes are in abundance. You should connect with a realtor and let them know what you are really looking for, they should be able to help you find a home to your liking. Realtors have many resources that can help you.

If you are looking for rentals, however, I would say that a realtor is not the only place you can get leasing information. Most of the time, homes that are in the multiple-listing service for rent are higher-end homes - but not always. Local newspapers and community boards are often a good source, as well as Craigslist sometimes. And the trusty 'For Rent' sign in the yard can always be a good one to stop and check out. If you would like me to send you an app for your smartphone so you can look up local rentals, just text H6L to 87777 for the Prudential mobile app.

Good luck in your home search.
Angel,

It depends on what area within the Indianapolis metro area you prefer, as housing prices vary widely. If you are looking to rent, there are many online resources at your fingertips (rent.com and apartmentguide.com are among some good sites). You can also try Craigslist.

If you're looking to purchase a home, you are always well advised to work with a Realtor. Realtors can point you to affordable housing options and recommend lenders who offer a number of mortgage options. If you're not already working with one, I stand ready to help you any way I can. Please feel free to contact me at your early convenience.

I wish you much luck in your housing search, Angel!

David E. Leeds
dleeds@callcarpenter.com
Angel,

You're looking for a rental? I would try Craigslist.