Rentals in Mesa>Question Details

Zulma, Other/Just Looking in Mesa, AZ

we would like to know why 90% OF THE RENTALS, both in the paper and online that we call and leave messages to don't call back for weeks or not at

Asked by Zulma, Mesa, AZ Sun Mar 14, 2010

all? Is this because of our last name, are on some black-balled renters list, does ethnicity play a role in ascertaining a rental?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Mesa

Answers

6
I am a leasing agent and I do my best to return every call I get....And yes people do thank me for returning there call. Most of the time you are probably calling on properties that are already gone, and most reactor's feel it is a waste of time to call just to tell you the property is rented already. The only time I don't return a call is because I get a message that says " Hi my name is....Garble garble and my number is 480-3garble and 5garble 2 I don't know the address but call me.." speak slow and clear when you say your phone number.

And I do like to spend time with my kids and eat sometimes...and there are times I do have to put that phone down and ignore it. lol.

Try doing email or text as well sometimes you get a better response that way

to see my listings go to http://www.ahouseisbetter.com

Lisa garcia
480-212-7131
I will return your call.
Hi Zulma!

If you are still looking for a rental in Mesa, AZ I will be happy to send you a list of homes that I have in inventory. They are all completely remodeled from top to bottom and beautiful!!

Please feel free to call me at 480-677-2081 or email at AzHomeAtLast@yahoo.com.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Jami Asanovich (it is a hard one too)
Ashby Realty Group, LLC
Web Reference: http://www.azhomeatlast.com
I am sure that they rent some before you call. Some may change their mind or have their old tenant decide to renew. And yes, some may not like or be able to repeat your name. I know sometimes I have a problem with certain accents. Could that be an issue?

I bet most of the time it is nothing to do with you as much as the landlord is doing other things, busy, or seeing of the previous tenants are really going to leave or not..
I doubt that it's ethnicity.

I've found that a lot of people just don't return phone calls. If they're there to answer a call, they will. If not, they don't. And even though they may have voice mail or an answering machine, a lot don't bother returning calls.

A couple of tips: When you leave a message, repeat your phone number several times, s-l-o-w-l-y. And speak clearly. I get a lot of calls like "HiMynameisJackieRobertswell. Sawyouradandwantmoreinformation. Mynumber's70355[garble,garble]64. Thanks."

Try something like this: "Hi. My name is John. My phone number is 703-555-1212. I saw your ad in the paper about the 3 bedroom home on Main Street. I'll be looking at homes tomorrow, and would like to look at yours. Can you call me back so we can schedule a time? Again, my number is 703-555-1212. Thank you."

So, repeat the phone number. Don't use your last name--not because of discrimination but because anything that isn't easy to understand or that might be confusing is going to cut down on your response. Be proactive--suggest a specific day to view the property, suggesting that you're a hot prospect and that you may be making a decision shortly. Speak slowly. And certainly try calling the people back if they don't return your call. Tip: Try some other time of day or evening. Often, evenings around 7-9 pm are best; you'll reach more people then.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Your name should not affect your attempt to rent or even get a call back. There are alot of agents who are experienced in rentals and devote their pratcice to assisting people with finding a new rental. A good agent doing the work for you will eliminate your fears and concerns as they will look out for your best interests. Unfortanately with good landlords come bad landlords, in most cases with rentals i see landlords who get 20, 30 50+ calls , they get it rented and teh ad is still running an dthey ignore all new calls coming in either as they dont have the time to call everyone or just dont care to. Good luck with finding a rental.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Your last name or ethnicity should not play a role. I will advice you to work with an agent who work on rentals to represent you. He should be able to get answers for you.

Carlos J. Ramirez, PC, ABR, CNE
Associate Broker/Realtor, HomeSmart -
http://www.SmartAZRealty.com