Rentals in 92805>Question Details

Janine Hanew…, Renter in Anaheim, CA

we have not been having any luck getting in touch with people when we email about houses to rent, any suggestions? How do know they are legit?

Asked by Janine Hanewinckel, Anaheim, CA Sat Dec 29, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 92805

Answers

5
Please click on my profile here on Trulia & look at my 2 blog postings, if you have trouble accessing it this way, just google this phrase "RED FLAGS - RENTAL SCAMS - PUBLIC BEWARE". If you get a response from a "landlord" or "property manager" that sounds anything like this, it's 99% likely the house rental you're inquiring about is a scam.

My suggestions to find a legit rental:

1. Contact a Realtor to look up in the MLS any homes for rent (most owners don't post their homes for rent in the MLS though.

2. Contact many different property mgmt companies (however they will only want to show you rentals they personally manage)

3. If you know specific neighborhoods you would want to rent in, go drive through those areas & look for Home Depot type, generic "For Rent" signs at major intersections & call them.

Shoot me an email directly if you'd like to talk about this further, I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
Short Sale Specialist - 100% success rate
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Hello Again,

Get yourself a realtor who works with renters. The market has changed. With so many people looking to rent, the scam artists are out in full force.

If you have a realtor working for you, you will not have to do the leg work.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Hi Janine...as a property manager I answer the phone all the time. I have an available 2 bedroom right now...feel free to call 714-381-1723

Linda
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Emily is correct. I manage a lot of rental properties and there are a lot of scams going on. Since real estate agents get paid by the owner, just find someone who will find you a rental.
Pick up the phone and call a real estate professional in the area of your interest.
You will know they are legit because a professional will be registered with the state of CA.
-
If the agent you call does not handle rentals, the agent will refer you to another agent within the office who does. Repeat the process until you connect.
-
NOTICE: Do no use the 'contact' button or Trulia email. CALL!