Rentals in 66208>Question Details

Lorraine Goo…, Other/Just Looking in Prairie Village, KS

wanting to get involved in a rent-to-own situation

Asked by Lorraine Goodrich, Prairie Village, KS Wed Nov 3, 2010

We used to rent a house in Fairway, but the Landlady broke the lease dure to her pending foreclosure and short sale prospect. We moved in February and then the short sale fell through. The property has now sat vacant for 2 years, is there any way to get back in through a lease-to-own arrangement?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 66208

Help the community by answering this question:


I would find out its current status by starting with the Johnson County records and some cross reference online search(s). If you need help in doing either one, I'm a paralegal, then I'll be happy to help you for a nominal fee.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 21, 2013
It appears that the bank has had not option but to wait for pending court filings to get clear title on this home. The previous seller could have had a lot of debit and has filed bankruptcy so the bank has to wait almost a year. You must have sentimental attachment to house, most likely this home will be sold on the court house steps or put back on the market for a prospective buyer. Banks will not lease to own they are not in the business to rent but to liquidate. I would focus on other goals as to why your currently renting so you can one day find your dream home. Wishing you the best of luck on new positive goals!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 2, 2010
Who currently owns the house?

Seems to me the best solution would be to talk to them and see if they would consider it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 3, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer