Rentals in Berryessa>Question Details

Josephina Lo…, Home Buyer in 95322

this is a scam, confirmed by the BBB

Asked by Josephina Lopez, 95322 Mon Nov 4, 2013

Answers

8
I've helped lots of folks who live overseas rent their homes and none of them require or request PayPal. Be very careful.
Thank you, Josephina

You need to include a link to the advertisement so that we can tell what it is that you are talking about.

With respect to scam advertisements, the answer is yes there seems to have been an epidemic of scam advertisements that are designed to steal money from people who answer those advertisements.

The scammers are not licensed.

Your best protection is to make absolutely certain that anyone that you are dealing with is licensed by the State of California Bureau of Real Estate. Real Estate Licensing is for the purpose of protecting consumers from the kind of people who are placing the scam advertisements. .

Charles Butterfield MBA
Real Estate Broker/REALTOR
Broker/Owner: The Butterfield Real Estate Firm
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Email Address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com
California Real Estate Broker License: BRE#00901872
What am I missing that everyone else seems to get? What scam?
Adding to my previous post, there are Realtors that specialize in rental properties. They work with both landlords and renters.

A property management agency can also save you some time.

Lawrence Gillen
Realtor/Manufactured Home Specialist
(408) 472-5582 Cell
Advantage Homes
lawrence@gillencentral.com
BRE# 01193237
HCD# SP1177640
Hi Josephina,

Grace gave you a great tip.
A site such as Trulia can be helpful, however, if you are serious about finding a property, I would recommend working with a Realtor to make this process as painless as possible. There are plenty of scammers, as well as misinformation or even outdated information floating around out there on the net. A Realtor will have access to current, legitimate information, and can guide you through the purchase process while protecting you along the way. As a buyer, you do not have to pay for our service, so why not utilize a professional and save yourself the frustration.

I wish you all the best,

Lawrence Gillen
Realtor/Manufactured Home Specialist
(408) 472-5582 Cell
Advantage Homes
lawrence@gillencentral.com
BRE# 01193237
HCD# SP1177640
Josephina,

I am glad that you are wary and watchful and not foolish enough to fall for the rental scams that we see so pervasive on the internet.
Hi Josephina:

If you find a home or home listing that looks questionable, please use the "flag" on the listing to report the suspected scam or fraud to Trulia.

Trulia and the Realtors here who volunteer their time to help consumers do work hard to spot and flag suspected fraud listings and rentals, but we can't keep up with the scammers who seem to post three times as quickly as we pull them down.

So "flag" the listing and it will be reviewed and removed by Trulia's moderator staff.

Grace Morioka
Allison James Estates & Homes
Not sure if it's a scam or not....but you should investigate the BBB - they are under investigation for their behavior.
its a scam 3 different houses I found on trulia, tried contacting all replied with similar responses. "They live in a different state and can only do paypal".. That's a scam if you ask me...
Flag Mon Nov 4, 2013