Rentals in Staten Island>Question Details

Mr. Levine W…, Home Buyer in Atlantic City, NJ

should i try again to get the apartment I want?

Asked by Mr. Levine West, Atlantic City, NJ Mon Sep 23, 2013

Wanted to rent an apartment BUt the landlord told agent she didn't want me because she didn't like me facebook page. the place has been on the market for 2 months now, do you think i can try again after the month ends.

Answers

7
Maybe if you have excellent credit and pay stubs from a steady job armed with a second phone call that will work
Clean up your facebook page, and then try again.

You have nothing to lose by trying, and after 2 months of trying, and paying the carrying costs for an empty apartment, the landlord may have a slightly different perspective.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in 60201
I agree with Anna, you may want to "improve" your Facebook page before any more attempts. This could be a "blessing" in disguise, employers may be watching also......
You can try if you like, worst case scenario another no answer; depending on your facebook content, you may want to consider cleaning it up.
you can try. honestly when a landlord says no, is no. ...anyway, how did she get to check your fb page? what is it that she didnt' like about it?
I agree with Gary. Your chances are still slim, but--heck--it's worth a try. The owner may be more motivated now to rent to you. However, depending on how bad your Facebook page was, you might consider offering a higher security deposit, several months of rent in advance (there are sometimes legal limits on how much more in security deposit or advance rent it allowable), or something similar.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Really!! Thats a new one. I'd say that if she din't like you the first time she probably won't like you now. However, it never hurts to try. Good Luck.
How bad is your facebook page?
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013