Rentals in Gowanus>Question Details

Dawn, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

seeking either a 2, 3 or 4 bed rental: 2000-4500gowanus, park slope, prospect heights, fort greene, cgardens, boerum hill, cobble hill..

Asked by Dawn, Brooklyn, NY Fri May 10, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3114981153--Brooklyn-NY-11217

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Gowanus

Answers

5
You are asking for a wide range of options.
For a real 2BR you will need to pay more than $2,000 just as for a real 4BR it will be more than $4,500 in the neighborhoods that you have said you are looking for.
I will go out on limb here and guess you are a single person, thinking that depending on what you find you will get some roommates together? It does not work like that.
A.) The apartments rent too fast for you to then find roommates after you have found an "acceptable" apartment.
B.) Landlords in this market are not likely to rent to roommates that have no relationship with each other ( College buddies, work together, etc.)
C.) You have to get your roommates together before you start your search; together.

If I am wrong, let me know what you are really looking for.

Yours,
Kathryn Lilly, Broker
Realty on the Greene, LLC
718-858-7600
Good afternoon Dawn,

I’m no real estate agent, just a humble Mortgage Banker, but I can give you some guidance on your search for the right rental apartment.

In my experience in the real estate trade, I’ve discovered that the consumer is best served by adopting some simple strategies, whether you’re buying a home, selling one, or renting an apartment.

First: remember that real estate agents work on commission. The better quality agents---and those with the most experience---will be testing you from the initial contact to determine if you’re serious and will commit to using their services. Why? Because real estate is like any other business. You don’t get to stand in line at the fast food restaurant just to stare at the menu without actually buying some food at one point. It’s the same idea: the experienced real estate professional has to earn a living by renting apartments to serious and qualified prospective renters.

Therefore, the smart consumer should be well-prepared and committed to respecting the real estate professional’s time. That means: know your requirements for the apartment you wish to rent in terms of location, amenities (one bedroom versus three bedrooms; elevator building or private house), and location (proximity to public transportation or need for parking), and price. If you present yourself as well-prepared you’ll have a better chance of working with an experienced agent who will work hard to find you the right apartment.

Second, start with the internet---especially TRULIA.com---but stay “local.” Don’t think at real estate agent in Brooklyn can find you an apartment in Queens, or vice versa. Here on TRULIA.com you can easily find a local professional by clicking on “FIND a PRO” at the top of this page. There you can hone in on a seasoned professional in exactly the area where you wish to rent your apartment.

TRULIA provides exceptional tools to help you as a consumer understand the quality of the professional you’re working with. Read the agent’s profile; check out the recommendations from previous clients; get to know the level of experience of the agent and the areas that agent covers.

Third, real estate agents are prevented by Federal regulations from answering certain types of questions. They cannot discuss schools or school districts, crime statistics, and a variety of other issues prohibited by Fair Housing regulations. If your agent is vague when you ask certain types of questions, no you know why.

Finally, demonstrate your level of seriousness to your real estate agent. Show up on time for your appointments to view apartments. If you’re required to submit documents for the Landlord to review with your rental application, get them into your agent’s hands pronto. Not only does this help you potentially get one step up on a competing renter, but you’ll be viewed by the Landlord as a responsible renter. Landlords prefer responsible renters, don’t they?

I hope that helps you improve the results of your search for an apartment, and helps you with a better quality experience.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Call me at 7185171213 ill hook u up with a really nice apt there I have plenty I can show u

Ferhana Naeem
Coldwell banker reliable
Cell 7185171213
Office 7189213100
I have a few options if you want to send me an email. sbielinski@aptsandlofts.com
Consider working with an agent, or check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money, word of mouth, etc.