Rentals in 92653>Question Details

sheldonjean1…, Home Owner in Laguna Hills, CA

renting my condo through Trulia

Asked by sheldonjean150, Laguna Hills, CA Mon Mar 18, 2013

what services does Trulia supply>

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 92653

Answers

5
Trulia does not provide you services for renting your home...

If you want good exposure for your home, and want applicants pre screened you should list your home for LEASE with a local Realtor

Best of luck to you.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Trulia is only one source of many. To truly market your property I would recommend hiring a local realtor. As Brian mentioned below, commissions are paid upfront out of move in cost. In addition, marketing your property on a larger scale should get you higher rents which again would cover any commissions. I would be more than happy to assist.

Steve Colvin
Premier Ca Realty
steve@premiercalrealty.com
949-281-3075
Hello Sheldonjean150,

Both ladies below are correct and another benefit of a Realtor is they will get credit reports and verify references and help you screen potential tenants. Anyone can look good in person when they meet you but there are some things that can't be hidden on credit reports. Rents have been changing as have sales prices, you can get comparable rents from your Realtor too to make sure you get the proper amount of rent for the home.

I understand saving the money by leasing it your self but the commissions are typically paid up front for the term of the lease and paid out of the tenant's security deposit. This way there is no out of pocket from you as the security deposit should be more than enough to cover it.

Questions please let me know and good luck,
Brian Wilson, Realtor
DRE#01321478
949-933-0852 cell/txt
I like the way you described dealing with the commissions out of the security deposit. What do you know about the Laguna Village rental/sales market?
Flag Mon Mar 18, 2013
Hi.

Trulia can promote your listing on their site, but that's pretty much it. If you work with a real esate agent, they can list it on the MLS as well as a plethora of other sites, market it for you, provide signage and keybox entry which will electronically track who gains access to your property.

An agent can also handle the negotiations and paperwork for you helping to make sure you have all those ducks in a row as far as disclosures, etc,

I would love to list it for you. Call me if you want to talk further.

Thanks.
-Meredith
949-378-5690
I would be happy to help to answer any questions you might have in renting/managing your property. We are we seasoned team of 35+ years in real estate sales and property management. If you would like some help feel free to give me a call.

As far as what trulia does, this is only a place to list your property for rent and nothing more than that.

Lori Hanson
OC Homes Realty
Freedom Property Management
714-585-5236 Cell
estatepricing@yahoo.com
DRE 01405146
I'm deciding whether to rent or sell my condo in Laguna Village. Right now it's being remodeled extensively. I need quotes for what I could lease it for or what I could sell it for.
Flag Mon Mar 18, 2013