Rentals in 75254>Question Details

Donna, Renter in 71111

relocating to the Dallas area in a few months. Any suggestions of areas for a family(safe areas)?

Asked by Donna, 71111 Fri May 4, 2012

Also affordable rental housing preferable a house 3bd 2ba.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 75254

Answers

6
I have 2 small Kids 3 & 1. I've heard about South Dallas, Oak Cliff. Dont think thats somewhere I want To live. Plano,Rowlett,Sachse,Garland my be better for us. I need my rent to be around $800.
good luck,rent is too high and jobs don't pay enough. I have to downsize just so I can purchase next year. I agree that North are the nicer neighborhoods.
Flag Sun May 6, 2012
Click on my photo Donna, text, email or call me so I can help!
Flag Fri May 4, 2012
You will also want to look at school district ratings on the Texas Education Agency website's AEIS Reports in addition to safety if you are going to be new to the area and you have kiddoes. "Acceptable" is really not a good rating and you want to stick to "Exemplary" or "Recognized" schools. Additionally, you have to look at both the elementary schools and the high schools where you are going to live because sometimes they are incongruent in their results and one will be fine and the other not. Plano is an Exemplary district all the way around and the real estate there reflects this trend. However, it depends on where you work since if you work in far south Dallas you will be dealing with LOTS of traffic if you live in far north Dallas or Plano.
What price range do you want to be in?

You can search for rentals at this link:
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/areas/23622/p…

Safety is a tough one for us to pinpoint, you really have to check with friends, family, co-workers or the police department. What is safe for one, may not be for another.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
That story was in December 2011 in Forbes magazine.
I urge you to contact any local police departments of any city you are thinking of living in. Every city has crime and Plano is no exception.
Kenny
You are so right Kenny! Every city & neighborhood has crime. It is up to the resident, future or present, to do their "homework" as you say by checking police reports. The Trulia link I posted is a great way to see police reports online.
Flag Fri May 4, 2012
Hi Donna,
Plano was #1 on Forbes list of safest cities in America! Type in the city name at the top left of this page. Then click the link at the top of this page "Local Info" then click on "community info" then on the "crime" link. You will see a heat map & police reports. You can zoom in on neighborhoods & streets. I would be happy to help you find a home to lease in a neighborhood that you are comfortable in. Send me the rest of your your criteria including budget & I will send you a list of available properties. It would be my pleasure to assist you with finding a home. You are going to love living in the Dallas-Fort Worth area! I would love to show you around some neighborhoods.

Elizabeth Morgan
214-727-7075
http://elizabeth.fathomdallas.com
It is illegal and unethical for any Texas Realtor to say what areas are safe and not safe.
Check with local police departments for crime information.
Kenny