Rentals in Austin>Question Details

Jamie, Other/Just Looking in

relocating to Austin next month. wondering what would be "comfortable" areas outside of the city for a professionally employed lesbian

Asked by Jamie, Tue Aug 14, 2012

couple

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Austin

Answers

9
please don't move here, the place is already WAY over-crowded, and really... we don't need any more people from somewhere else coming here...clogging the roads, and buying or renting homes in areas that should have never been developed.

What's wrong with where you are now?

Please, just stay there..Austin, Inc. is no longer as cool and neat and beautiful and friendly as it used to be...before a hundred thousand other "family's" just like your's moved in and destroyed the place for those of us who have lived here our whole lives.
Go to Dallas, or Houston...you will like them much better...trust me. there are too many gangs, and bums, and drug dealers here..it's just not safe any more.
Dripping Springs, TX is a fabulous area. Check out my listing in the Hill Country - 3791256. You can also look at a youtube video:

http://youtu.be/HuTlqACMwXQ

Kay Hamaker
Hamaker Properties w/
SW Market Center of KW
512.924.6430
Dear Jaime,
Welcome to Texas! Austin is a very open minded city. We are the blue dot in the red state. People here in general are more educated and liberal than in other parts of Texas. You can think of Austin as the San Francisco of Texas. While there are some neighborhoods that have more LGBT neighbors, most every community will be tolerant of someone elses lifestyle. I have found the perfect homes for some of my past LGBT clients in: Travis Heights, Northwest HIlls, Tarrytown, Westlake, Hyde Park, Bouldin, Barton HIlls, Circle C, and Shady Hollow. You said "outside the city", so I think Shady Hollow may be a good fit, its only 15-20 minutes from downtown, but feels more country with .40+ lots and just a mile past the city limits. It also has lower tax rate because its just outside the city limits.

If you can tell me a little about what your looking for ( size, budget, ammenities preferred) I could send you some homes that might work for you. Also we have a local LGBT magazine as well as a few clubs that are specifically geared toward the LGBT community. I would be happy to give you a copy of that as well as a Relocation Guide for Austin. I would love to help you find the right place to lay down some roots and call Austin home.

Betina

Betina Foreman- Realtor, C.N.E.
Austin Home Girls Realty
1601 West 6th Street
Austin, Texas 78703
512.771.6318
Jamie, as you will probably find out, your sexual orientation does not really make a difference here in Austin. I have many gay and lesbian clients who live in many many areas and are quite comfortable. Where you should live really depends on your lifestyle regarding activities, your price range, and your proximity to your work, et cetera. If you would like some good professional assistance and some questions answered, please feel free to give me a call at 512-261-4415. Also, are you looking to rent or buy? If you're looking to purchase, I have a great team of lenders who can pre-approve you at no cost to you. Also my services as a buyers representative come to you at no charge. Feel free to contact me and I will do all I can to assist you! Thanks, Joe Jarusinsky, Keller Williams Realty
Austin and the surrounding areas are very open and friendly. I think you would find many "comfortable areas" Are you looking to buy or rent?
Sherry Fields
I don't see how your sexual orientation has any bearing on what area you live in. Austin is a great town, with a vibrant LGBT community.
That's what happens when I answer on my phone! :) "buds" below should be Buda.
There are a few areas that are just outside of Austin to consider depending on where your work will be, feel free to email me at stuart@beyondrealtytx.com and we can discuss a few of the locations that will keep your commute to work reasonable
There are many surrounding areas of Austin. Cedar park, round rock, pflugerville, Georgetown, Leander, Kyle and buds to name a few. Are you trying to live close to where you work? What are you looking for in an area/neighborhood? Are you looking to rent or buy? Let me know the answers to these questions and I can help point you in the right direction.

Welcome to Austin! It's a great city!!

Christi Baylor, Real Estate Broker
UP Realty
512.788.3698
Cbaylor@uprealtygroup.com