Rentals in Phoenix>Question Details

Meesh, Renter in Woodland Hills, CA

relocating from S Calif to Phoenix.

Asked by Meesh, Woodland Hills, CA Thu Mar 29, 2012

planned to rent an apt, but after seeing affordable rents, contemplating a house. to weigh options, what is the approx costs of utilities for 2-4/bed houses?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Phoenix

Answers

9
Jennie Miller PLLC’s answer
Great tips from others in the Trulia community. If there is a particular property you are interested in, you can contact the water and electric companies and ask for the high and low utility bills over the last 12 months.
Hi it depends on the size of the house...anywhere from $1500/yr to $2400/yr on average...
Thanks for all your replies - very, very helpful! I will definitely keep all your comments close when we start to look. And for some of you that referred us to agents, I may definitely reach out. Thanks again. Have a good weekend!
Hi Meesh, If you end up looking in Scottsdale, give me a shout - I have some rental listings coming up. Thanks!
Hi Meesh. I moved from Southern Cal to Phoenix myself. If you end up looking for a place in the downtown or N. Central area we have a great rental agent... it is all she does. Utilities do vary quite a bit so it's hard to put real numbers down for you. Summer AC bills make electrical jump quite a bit too so it varies by season. Water is somewhere is the $50-100 range in most cases and electrical can be anywhere from $120/month to over $300.00.

Good luck on the move and let me know if you need a great rental agent to help you.
Utilities will very widely depending on many different factors. It is hard to give an accurate figure without knowing everything about the home that you are going to purchase. For example, what type of windows does it have, how many square feet does it have, what kind of energy efficient upgrades, etc?
Meesh,
You can also contact SRP(local electric company, http://www.srpnet.com) and inquire about an address you have selected as your potential future rental. SRP will probably provide you averages for the size and type of house.

Let me know which areas you are looking to rent.
I would be happy to help you.

Steffy Hristova, MBA, SFR, Realtor®
HomeSmart
Tel: (480) 966-9353
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
Where are you looking? Between $800-$1300++ depending on location for rent. I spend $60/month on water and an average of $135/month for electricity, (less in winter, more in summer) for a family of 4. Variances include, size, material, pool, single story vs multi story, east/west or north/south facing, all electric or some gas... Make sure you get an agent to help!!
The cost for utilities for a 2-4 bed room home depends on age of the home, age of air conditioner, insulation, construction block or wood framing and if the home has dual pane windows. If you have a pool expect more.