Rentals in Los Angeles>Question Details

Leslye, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

our home owner came with his two daughters 2 days ago cut our water and is asking us to leave by the 3oth and its only 5 days away what can i do ?

Asked by Leslye, Los Angeles, CA Thu Oct 25, 2012

his daughters say theyre gnna call ice on my mom

Help the community by answering this question:


Kathleen Becker’s answer
Wow...that is soooooo illegal!!! Revert back to your rental/lease contract. Have you paid the rent on time? Do they have a legitimate reason for attempting to evict you?

Call the rent stabilization department or housing department in your area and make a complaint. They must go through the proper channels to evict a tenant, regardless of the reason.

They have to give you notice to vacate, depending upon the situation, it could be 3 days, 30, 60 or 90 days.

Did they do that?

Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 12, 2012
Hi Leslye,

There are laws that govern tenant and landlord relations. You can see them online at Look for Landlord and tenant laws. It pays to know your rights when treated unfairly. Many of our laws protect the tenant in the State of California.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
Call the police and report them. What they have done is illegal.
They must first give you notice. Go on line to attached reference
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 26, 2012

Have you been served a three day notice to pay or quit? Have you been to court with your landlord? Why would he tell you to be out in five days? Have you been served legal papers?

Google landlord tenant law in Los Angeles and consult an attorney.

Wishing you the best,
Dot Chance, Realtor®
Certified Distressed Property Expert – CDPE®
DRE License #01494182
Keller Williams Realty World Media Center

WHEN YOU THINK OF REAL ESTATE...Think! My business thrives from your referrals!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 25, 2012
If you are a tenant in california you are very much protected, check tenancy laws.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 25, 2012
Why does it feel like you're only telling us half of the story:
But, aside from how far behind you are on the rent; he has to use the proper procedure to evict you.
You might call the Legal Aid or, you might GOOGLE "eviction and los angeles" to see the steps.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 25, 2012
Contact a RE atrtorney ASAP who specializes in rental issues.

Good luck at resolving your problem.

Nick Socha
C21 Amber
DRE #01831474
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 25, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer