Rentals in Harlem>Question Details

Cookie, Rn, Renter in Harlem, New York, NY

looking for studio/efficiency near Mt Sinai Hospital. Don't know area at all, any guidance?

Asked by Cookie, Rn, Harlem, New York, NY Mon Oct 10, 2011

1 vote Share Flag Rentals in Harlem

Answers

6
Consider working with an agent of your own; also check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 10, 2011
I have access to 1 bedrooms starting @ $1975 on 96th and 2nd, you could walk to work everyday, get in touch with me we can discuss your criteria and go over a few options that might work for you.

Cheers!
Mount Sinai is located at the 6 train to 96th Street. East Harlem is a cost efficent and energetic, diverse neighborhood to live. It gives you a quick commute to work and more bang for your buck than the UES would. I currently am renting 2BR for $1550 near 6 train at East 116th Street....ONLY TWO train stops from your employer.

If you have any questions or would like to schedule a private viewing, feel free to call, text, or e-mail me anytime.

"I don't want to just find you an apartment, I want to find you your dream home"

Robert Collins
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Gold Star Properties
27 Cliff Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Cell:347-247-9413
Fax:212-227-8487
I have some nice properties in that area and would be happy to assist you. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569. Thank you and good luck.
Mt Sinai Hospital is at 98th Street to 102nd Street between Madison and Fifth Avenues on Manhattan's Upper East Side an area that is accessible from many parts of New York City. How near do you want to be? What other requirements do you have? I don't specialize in rentals but might know of a few available if you let me know more details such as the above and price range etc, also I would be glad to refer you to someone who does. Also you could look online for brokers who advertise rentals but please do make sure that the person is a licensed real estate agent with a broker and make sure that before applying for an apartment that you have good and clean credit and other qualifications otherwise you could wind up paying a non returnable credit check fee with some brokers. Here is a link to the NYS DOS on Apartment Hunting
http://www.dos.ny.gov/cnsl/apthunt.html
You might also check with the hospital bulletin board and others working at the hospital.
best bet is to contact a local broker. You can also check some of the online rental websites.