Rentals in Brooklyn>Question Details

Sally Chiu, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

looking for an apt to rent

Asked by Sally Chiu, Brooklyn, NY Sat Jan 19, 2013

I'm looking for an apt around Park Slope, Fort Greeen,Gowanus,or Greenwood, which must be safe neighbor and convenient commute to Pace University. My budget is around 900-1000. It can be a studio, 1bedroom, or a room with private bathroom. If anyone has an apt fits my requirement, please let me know. Thanks.

Answers

3
Luke Constantino’s answer
Good morning Sally,

Those are the areas I have apartments. Give me a call, maybe we can find an apartment that is right for you!

Cell# 212 300 3919

Luke Constantino
Douglas Elliman RE
M: (212) 300-3919
F: (917) 369-2690
lukeconstantino@elliman.com
http://lukeconstantino.com
325 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY 1123
Hello Sally your best bet is to live on campus. You will have a better experience, I lived on campus when I was in college its a once in a lifetime experience. Good luck have a great semester
Hi Sally,

I work in Brooklyn and in those particular areas, and sorry to share with you that there is nothing close to the budget you are asking for - in those areas or even the surrounding nearby! I take it that you are moving here from out of state - and if so $1000 mo for rent would sound reasonable to most. That is not the case here in NY, even in Brooklyn where rents actually rival Manhattan prices!

If your budget is lest than I'd say $1275, your best bet is to seek out a roommate or sublet (which would still be a roommate situation) or you may have to resign to live on campus -I hope that's an option. Also I want to mention that even a $1275 budget is not going to get you an apt in the areas you are now looking in!

You also want to be prepared that as a student moving to NY, most apartment management companies are going to require that you have a guarantor. And to qualify as your guarantor, their income must be 80x's the rent. No, I'm sorry, that was not a typo - I actually meant to write 80x's the rent! Your other option would be to pay your rent in full for one year. Again - not a typo.

If you would like further information on rental requirements for renting in NY, please feel to contact me with your inquiry and any other questions you may have.

Congratulations on your acceptance to Pace! Good luck with your move!

All the Best,
Jaymes