Rentals in Minneapolis>Question Details

Christopher, Renter in Minneapolis, MN

looking for a nice 3 bedroom 900-1100 no problem areas having 1 child in june want to be moved by may 1

Asked by Christopher, Minneapolis, MN Tue Mar 26, 2013

Answers

2
Dear Christopher,

I help a LOT of tenants get into rentals. And your request is something I see every day. I need to get you up to speed.

Just to be fair, I just ran a search for you for 3 bedrooms or more. And I am letting you know I am covering the entire 13 counties and surrounding area. Here goes.....

One in Ellsworth, WI for $1100.......one in Hutchinson, MN for $1000......one in Richmond, MN for $1025......one in St. Michael, MN for $1095.......and one in St. Paul for $1095. That is it.

Seriously, the going "normal" rate for a 2-3 BR home or townhome right now, or even half of a duplex, is about $1300 a month.

Then I checked on duplexes, which I did not have in there before, and I found 3 more options. There is an upper and a lower duplex in Mora, MN for $850 and $895 respectively. And another up/down duplex in Dayton's Bluff (St. Paul) for $1000. That one does not give me even a clue if it is the UP or the DOWN.

If I raise the price to $1200 I got a couple more, one being in Edina. If I go to $1300 there are a couple more.

I would be glad to help you with this. But you need to understand the market and be very realistic.

Please feel free to give me a call. Just click on my website below and shoot me an email or give me a call. I don' t bite....and just so you are aware, you don't pay me anything for my assistance.

Have a good evening,

Mark
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 26, 2013
I agree 3 bedroom for 900-1100 is going to be very hard if you want to be in nicer neighborhoods. Duplex might be the answer but 3 bedrooms is rare for those.

Your better off buying for that monthly payment right now in the metro to get 3 bedrooms than trying to find a rental. I am sure you have your reasons for not buying though.

If however you find the rental market tough sledding and want to explore buying options hit me up.

Chris Block
Realtor North-NE Suburbs
651-307-7663
chrisblock@thebridgerealty.com
sorry chris no credit and i dont have 10 k just lying around... i live in a nice 3 bedroom now for 1255 so its not impossible... my landlord is a slumbag and i dont need the stress since im having a baby and what not... if you can get me a contract to deed house for under a 100 k with hardly any money down please let me know
Flag Wed Mar 27, 2013