Rentals in Sunnyside>Question Details

Rabby, Renter in Sunnyside, Queens, NY

looking for a 2 bedroom apartment in Sunnyside. what would be the rent for a decent apartment and how do i look for one without brokers fee?

Asked by Rabby, Sunnyside, Queens, NY Wed Apr 18, 2012

Answers

7
There is low inventory and a high demand for apartments in Sunnyside. A local broker will be able to assist you with finding your new apartment as apartments come on the market. Many owners list with brokers as we take the time to make appointments to show the unit and submit only qualified applications to the owners. Our office has long-standing relationships for over 25 years with the local landlords. We take the headaches out of the rental process for both the landlord and the renter. The brokers fee with our office as is with many other Sunnyside agencies is 1 month fee. I look forward to assisting you with your search should you decide to work with an experienced local broker.
To find an apartment with no fee you need to find the available unit yourself. For most buildings in that area of Queens you'll need to walk up to buildings and ask for the super who may or may not know and may or may not want to help you. This is especially difficult as many units are spoken for before they even are vacated! As a brokerage we know where available units are or are going to be, which is what we are paid for (in addition to lots of other homework we need to do). In neighboring areas we have many luxury units available that you would not pay any broker's fee on, the property manager will pay us!
In Sunnyside expect to pay a fee equal to one month's rent plus a full month rent up front and full month rent as a security deposit. Comfortable 2 bedrooms are starting around $2000 right now, and climb from there. We have 1 bedroom units available starting around $1600 at the moment. The supply in Sunnyside is limited with not very many available units at any moment, and available units are sitting on the market from 4 to 6 days right now it seems.
We specialize in rentals, please check our site http://www.WERENTNY.com for all our listings
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Go to craigslist.org, there are many no fee apartments there.
A decent 2 bedroom apartment in Sunnyside could run from $1,900 to $2,200 per month. Every so often there is a 2 bedroom that comes to the market that is less expensive but these are few and far between. In regards to no fee apartments craigslist is the way to go BUT be careful. There are lots of brokers who advertise in the no fee section of craigslist but they charge a fee.
Check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth; any other online real estate sites; Craig's List; etc