Rentals in Bushwick>Question Details

Cookiewhts, Renter in Bushwick

looking 2 bedroom in bushwick,williamsburg,or glendale near M train pay up to 1600 must have ss appliances and masterbedroom must fit king size bed

Asked by Cookiewhts, Bushwick Sun Jul 1, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Bushwick

Answers

4
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Consider working with an agent; check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc.
I have many apartments in that area at different prices and sizes. Give me a call to find the one that best suits you!

Cell phone 212 300 3919

Luke Constantino
Commercial | Residential
REMAX PARK SLOPE
Direct: (212) 300-3919
I am Jihad Kifayeh, I work with Rapid Realty Park Slope South. I see you interested in the 2 BR Apartment in Bushwick, Williamsburg or Glendale. Can you please tell me about the apartment you're looking for? What areas are you interested to moving? Can you please describe where you're living now and why you're looking to move? What is your maximum budget? Do you have any pets? Type, weight? I want to make search quick and easy. I want you to help me so that i can help you find a nice home at an affordable price. Email me back or call me at 9178030518 to schedule an appointment. Thank you look forward to hearing from you.

--
Jihad Kifayeh
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Rapid Realty Park Slope South
C 917.803.0518
F 718.795.9412
E jkifayeh@rapidnyc.com