Rentals in Evergreen>Question Details

Dennis Lugo, Renter in San Jose, CA

is this price for real or a scam for the property 3157 Corby Dr san jose ca?

Asked by Dennis Lugo, San Jose, CA Mon Feb 25, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3109433564-3157-Corby-Dr-San-Jo…

Answers

4
John Juarez’s answer
Dennis,

The ad appears to be a scam. That house is not for rent since the address does not even exist. There is a nearby house that is for sale. It is likely that the scammer took the information from the house that is for sale but made a typing error on the address.
You have heard from the professionals. I seriously feel for people looking for rentals. It is a challenge to weed out what is legitimate and what is available.

I want to encourage our local property managers to put your rentals on our MLS so that renters will be better served.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 26, 2013
Thank you, Dennis, for your question:

According to the public records, the address 3157 Corby Drive in San Jose, does not exist. There are pictures of a house posted, but whatever the address of that house is, it is not 3157 Corby Drive.

The agent who is listed as the contact person, does not have a valid California Real Estate License, according to The State of California Department of Real Estate.

Also the advertised rent is less than half of the fair market value of the rent.

Yes. These are all factors that indicate that this advertisement is a scam. Many of these scams are designed to steal your deposit money and prepaid rent.

I recommend that you flag that listing as suspected fraud.

Charles Butterfield MBA
Real Estate Broker/REALTOR
American Realty
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Fax: (408)269-3597
Email Address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com
DRE#00901872
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 25, 2013
Good eye Dennis!

Yes, this one is also a scam rental and has been posted in many areas where local real estate is offered. Remember if it is too good to be true, it usually is not legitimate.

I've flagged this listing with Trulia.

Gace
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 25, 2013