Meydaniperuc…, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

is this a nice and safe area? im just wondering

Asked by Meydaniperucho, Los Angeles, CA Thu Mar 13, 2014

Answers

4
Nice areas are all about personal preferences, budgets, wants, needs, lifestyle; therefore consider researching areas of interest on your own, and take the time to visit more than once, then determine where your comfort level can best be reached; don't simply just entertain what other people think or say, another's opinion may not be anywhere near the best thing for you. When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local authorities with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. Again, if unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods. http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
https://www.crimereports.com/
http://www.homefair.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 14, 2014
Hello and nice to meet you!

Nice and safe is all based on what you consider nice and what you consider safe. As real estate brokers, if you ask us about crime rates, we can provide you with local public information that we receive from the police departments.

The way I assist my clients in determining whether a neighborhood is "nice" is to literally drive around with them and show them the neighborhood they are purchasing or renting in. Visit the areas in the day time, night time and during during the weekends. This will give you a good sense for traffic and evening activities.

If I can help you in any other way, please feel free to contact me directly.

Take care,

Diana Rosero
Prime Partners @ Keller Williams Realty
818.859.9930 - direct
Diana@DianaRosero.com
http://www.PrimePartnersRealty.com
A family member bought a home there and frankly I was really skeptical, not knowing a thing about SP.
However, I've come to know the area and I love it! Less congestion and traffic when compared to LA.
Its close to and has everything i.e. freeway, grocery stores, banks, gas stations, convenient to everything including the freeway.

I always thought it was 'way out there' when compared to LA, but maybe that's not such a bad thing. Air quality from what I can tell is pretty good too.
I've been seeing an inordinate amount of these questions popping up on Trulia in recent weeks. As I've said on the other threads I've commented on there's absolutely no way of guaranteeing that any neighborhood will have little or especially NO CRIME.

We're living in a very different time and place today. Unlike anytime since possibly the Great Depression we are living in very volatile socio economic times everywhere in America as well as most places in the World.

What with dynamics like poverty, homelessness, unemployment, illegal immigration and shear desperation it's clearly obvious why crime is on the rise everywhere. What were once considered very safe and secure upscale neighborhoods are now viable high value targets for those who wish to prey on them.

I've livee in a very laid back, low key semi rural North San Diego country neighborhood for the past 33 years. During that time we've never locked the doors on our cars or homes and we've always left our bicycles out unlocked.

In the past several months we've had an influx of multi-family or multi-tenant renters moving into several of the single family residents that have come up for rent throughout our neighborhood. Sometimes there are as many as a dozen old cars and trucks parked in the driveways and on the streets.

Common sense has to tell you that these folks aren't the most financially privileged or steadily employeed. Hence, lot's of folks are hungry and desperate to pay the rent so voila our once very safe and quiet neighborhoods become not so safe and secure.

As a result we've seen a dramatic increase in break-ins and burglaries. Fortunetley there has been no violent crime. Just folks stealing bicycles, lawn mowers & myriad garden tools or anything of value that's not secured. We even have a neighbor who's had 4 chickens stolen in the past month. Duh........ya think they might be hungry?

So we took measures into our own hands and with the help of local law enforcement we've facilitated a NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH PROGRAM. Since the signs have gone up and we've installed or activated existing security systems and video cameras and our buddies at the Sheriff's Dept have been making their presence known and we've all been keeping in touch with one another and notifying one another when we'll be out of town things have really calmed down. In fact there have been no incidents in the past couple of months.

So the long and short of it is that there is no totally safe and secure way of keeping your neighborhood free of crime. The best thing you can do is become involved in your community and stay aware of the folks who live around you.
Wow... I don't know where these people live but I own several properties here in West Hills and have lived here since 1971. It doesn't get any better than this. We've had ZERO problems and my Mercedes is always parked outside. My neighbor is a police officer and he says nothing goes on around here. GREAT place for families. West Hills boasts some of the VERY BEST SCHOOLS in the nation including El Camino High School.
Flag Tue Mar 18, 2014