Rentals in Camelback East>Question Details

lacy1morrow, Renter in Phoenix, AZ

is this a good area without much crime?

Asked by lacy1morrow, Phoenix, AZ Wed Sep 11, 2013

Answers

9
AZcentral has a great crime report feature. This might help you decide:
http://www.azcentral.com/CrimeMaps/

Trulia is working on a crime map feature but I haven't been able to gain access to it tonight.

East Valley and North Valley are about the safest places to rent or purchase in Phoenix. In Phoenix we have great neighborhoods too where crime is nominal. The listing next to the school grades will say low crime, no crime or heavy crime and they list crimes involved.
Hi lacy1morrow, What I do is always search the demographics of my zip code and even if we have no children as a teacher I also check out the school ratings as well. Best Wishes.
Hello Lacy

really you need to do the research looking at the are that you are interested by talking to people that live in the area driving the area to get a good idea . thats what i would do
Also take walks their in evening and on the weekends. Just sit in your vehicle or spend the night in your car so you can gauge the amount of noise when it's quiet. Everyone of my neighbors have swimming pools so on weekends we can hear the kids having fun. All depends on your noise tolerance but from inside your home not likely to hear much at all. The best part of owning homes in Phoenix, no walls made of wood.
Flag Thu May 19, 2016
Unfortunately, there is no zip code without any crime. There are certain areas that have very little crime but the most important is not to focus on the crime statistics because in the most beautiful areas there is more crime activity heavier because it attracts thieves and others with bad motives. Be sure to look at schools and resale if you are buying or have children this is very important. Are you new to the area?
Crime is everywhere you just have to be aware of your surroundings.
I work in this area. The most crime I've seen is near the Camelback Collonade with shoplifters. There is a moderate amount of car collisions though as the 51 runs through this area and increases traffic counts; especially during rush hours.
Google should be your best friend for information. There are multiple sites including city and county that give crime stats. Start checking them out.
you need to do this check this out yourself

ask your friends , ask people that live in the area you want to find out