Rentals in New York>Question Details

bleahycbi, Renter in New York, NY

is there an apartment for rent on east 87th and lexington st for $1000.00 a month

Asked by bleahycbi, New York, NY Fri Jan 3, 2014

Add some detail about your question

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in New York

Answers

8
Be aware that scams do exist and you may have stumbled upon one; for scam related information see links....
http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0079-rental-listing-scams
http://www.governor.ny.gov/press/08212013-apartment-rental-s…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 3, 2014
There are no apartments in Manhattan below 100th street for $ 1000 unless you want to share a bathroom.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 3, 2014
Please clarify also where you are talking about. Do you mean Lexington Avenue? I am pretty sure the answer to that would be no.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 3, 2014
Please contact me for assistance. My name is Dennis and I can be reached at 212-714-1027 ext 12. Thank you and good luck.
You don't give any details of your personal situation, but if you are single, you may want to look into the apartments available to share, although even then $1000 per month is on the low side. You can find listings on websites like Craig's List, and meet the people, or person, who lives there. What I recommend that you do once they agree to take you, is check the person out on Linked In to see if what they told you matches up to their profile. My son found a very good roommate that way last year when he needed an apartment for his last year of law school. Some of my older son's friends have found roommates that way too.
For the price you asking try going further up but even then you may not get what you want.
Call me and we can explore the possibility. Please feel free to call me from 8am-midnight, 7 days per week. I look forward to helping you find your new home.

Bill Hanley
Citi Habitats
(917)412-6248

check me out on citihabitats.com
If you saw an ad for a rental on 87th and Lex,and the rental price was $1000....it is most likely a SCAM.

There are many of them online.
The scammers may use real listings, and hijack the photos (if they even post photos) to create fake "listings".

Did anyone ask you to wire money for keys?

Did they tell you they cannot show you the apartment in person because they are out of the area?

If the answer was "yes" to any of those questions.......run in the opposite direction!