Courtney Man…, Renter in Fort Worth, TX

is it possible to rent a house through a realty company with bad credit and owing an apartment complex,?

Asked by Courtney Mangrum, Fort Worth, TX Tue Sep 4, 2012

Answers

4
Courtney Mangrum’s answer
i owe a complex in houston for "property damages" an supposedly breaking our one year lease, which is bogus cause the landord started charging us $100 more the last month saying our contract was up( it wasnt still had one more month), then w e told her we wanted to move and she said we were breaking our contract and charged us $1000 in damages, i kind of want to take her to small claims court to get this off our record, cause besides that one property we have excellent rental history, and because of this one place its inhibited us from findind a decent place, anyone been through smalls claims court and if so how do i find out who the owner of the property is, the landord wont return any of my calls, so my attemps at trying to fix this problem has lead me to deadend after deadend
Possible, maybe. They may require a higher deposit and first and last month's rent. But I would say it would be much harder with bad credit and not paying the apartment you lived in already. They may think if your not paying for past living expenses why would you pay them??
Sounds like you did not pay all of your rent somewhere or at least that is what they are claiming. Just like anything else.........you are subjected to scrutiny of your credit report. Each landlord can have his own set of qualifications so there is not a general answer to that question. You should expect stricter terms based on your credit report which is a representation of how you pay your bills. A criminal background check is also a possibility.
??? Do you own an apartment complex ? assuming based on your comment

It would require double to triple deposits plus 1st months rent

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas