Rentals in 95834>Question Details

Cy Xamountri, Renter in Sacramento, CA

is it possible that I can be renting a house in north natomas for $1000 a month?

Asked by Cy Xamountri, Sacramento, CA Sat Sep 14, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 95834

Answers

3
There are many scams out there with rental offers too good to be true. Since you seem leery I would suggest checking closer. Never ever pay to see a rental and never send money out of state or to another country if asked. Make sure the owner or landlord shows you the property otherwise it well could be a scam.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 14, 2013
It might be possible to get a 2 bedroom condo for that budget. But generally the rent in the 95835 zipcode is a bit higher than that.

As mentioned by my esteemed colleagues, you should be careful, if you see a rental advertized at way below the going rate. More often than not, it is a scam.

Some times, even legitimate owners, who are under water and on their way to a short sale/foreclosure, rent their properties out for lower rent. In the latter case, you may be inconvenienced when the trustee sale finally happens, and the property gets foreclosed.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 14, 2013
You cannot be too careful. Many homes that were foreclosures / short sales or, even in some cases, just vacant homes for sale, are advertised by scammers for rent. You might drive by to see if there is a sign in the yard or if the home appears deserted. Ask for identification if you are dealing directly with a person who purports to be the owner.