Rentals in Dewey Beach>Question Details

emc370, Renter in Dewey Beach, DE

is it normal for you to give us the name of the person who owns rental property and theirbank account info to deposit our rent money into?

Asked by emc370, Dewey Beach, DE Fri May 18, 2012

Answers

4
If you are using a Real Estate Agency this is not a common practice and I would not recommend you doing it. Most Real Estate Agency have tenants make out their rental payments to the Agency directly. With the amount of scams going on now with Craigs list a lot of people are being scammed. Unless you have seen the property in person or had a relative view the property and you have gone through an application process with credit, background, and employment verification I would not recommend you wiring any money to anyone in regards to a rental transaction.
NO! Do not do any business with someone you've never met, and who only gives you bank account info. Sounds like a scam to me. Make sure you see the property in person and meet the property manager or landlord in person.
NO! This is not a common practice.
YES

Many landlords use NAIL or the National Association of Indpendent Landlords http://www.nail-usa.com/

This makes it very easy to pay and collent rents.

Good Luck

Tom