Rentals in Carolina Beach>Question Details

Alice, Renter in Carolina Beach, NC

is apt. 418 CB ave. N pet friendly?

Asked by Alice, Carolina Beach, NC Mon Jan 31, 2011

My family has 2 pets. We have 2 puppies, 1 boxer terrier he is well trained and a dotson. They both have are registered and house broken.

Answers

2
Not exactly sure which property this is but I've managed rentals in Carolina Beach for years and here are a few pointers. If it's a condo, you can just about bet they won't allow your dogs. There are only a select few oceanfront or 2nd row on the island that allow renters to have pets. The fact that yours are puppies will also complicate matters a lot. Depending on your qualifications I would highlight your ability to handle issues should they arise. I would also buy a personal steam cleaner and make this clear to prospective landlords. Offering to pay a large additional deposit would help a lot. Otherwise your best bet will be to find a private homeowner who hasn't done a very good job marketing their rental and is therefore desperate to look past a pet issue. Another point to make is that as a rental property manager I always say I've never had pet issues, I've had a few people issues. When dogs go wild it's normally because the owners are useless. You'll want to sell your commitment to being responsible and your ability to head off / deal with pet problems as they arise to avoid them getting out of hand.

4002 1/2 Oleander Dr. 1A Wilmington, NC 28403 910-447-9495 http://www.MyWilmingtonRent.com
Serving Wilmington area, Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Leland, Ogden, New Hanover County
If you are inquiring about a listing here on Trulia, try contacting the listing agent directly (contact info should be at bottom of listing). Or, find a local property management company to assist you. This is a public forum and agents on here probably aren't going to know the specifics of the property you're referring to. Good luck!