Rentals in Manhattan Beach>Question Details

Sharon Jackm…, Renter in Harlem, New York, NY

im looking to purchase a home or a condo can an agent contact me about the steps i need to take.

Asked by Sharon Jackman, Harlem, New York, NY Fri Jul 23, 2010

im also looking into apartments listing, the apt,homes and condo listing that is posted are scams or people really renting these places.

Answers

6
David Rogoff and Bonnie Chernin’s answer
Hi Sharon,

You are wise to be cautious because yes, there are scam postings out there. But that is the advantage of having an agent working on your behalf.

We woul love to hear from you. Please give us a call at our mobile numbers below. David and I are full time active agents in Brooklyn, and we are lifelong residents and very familiar with Manhattan Beach. Since you mentioned condos and homes, as well as apartments, it is important to narrow down your search and we can help you with that. Of course, as other agents have posted, pre-approval letter from a financial institution is necessary.

Hope to hear from you, and provide us with a cell and/or e-mail where we can reach you.

David Rogoff and Bonnie Chernin
Fillmore Real Estate - Branch 19
917-593-4068 - David mobile
646-318-5031 - Bonnie mobile
e-mail: davidrogoff@Fillmore.com
Dear Sharon:

If you are looking to purchase a home the first step you need to take is to get yourself pre-qualified by a mortgage banker. In order to this this you must bring your last 2 years tax returns and W-2 forms, last three months bank statements and allow them to run your credit report. After you do that the banker will tell you how much of a loan you can qualify for and how much your monthly payments will be.

Once you know that you can start to look for a property that will meets your needs. Your best bet would be to have a real estate agents help you through the process and guide you step by step. If you want you can contact me and I can help you with everything, even the pre-qualifying. By the way, you will need to have at least 3.5% of your own money for the down payment.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Hi Sharon
If you are intereted in moving to brooklyn I would be more than happy to help you find your new home.
First step get preapproved and/or qualified for a mortgage.
If you contact me directly I would be happy to give you a few people you can call.
madelinepadovano@fillmore.com
7183328800
I would first try contacting a mortgage broker so you can establish a true budget. There are many things to take into consideration; down payment %, taxes, abatements & of course your monthly budget...

Try working it backwards at first - overestimate the interest rate to be 6% to account for any shortfalls - assume your monthly payment will be approximately $600 for every $100,000 you borrow (principal & interest only) and then account for taxes, insurance, maintenance & your deposit and closing costs - again mortgage taxes often surprise buyers at closing. See what makes sense for you and always use a professional in they're field.

I can assist with sales & rentals, primarily around Bensonhurst, Midwood, Gravesend, Sheepshead Bay & nearby areas. Try Larry with GFI to assist you with mortgage questions; 7183395700 X103

Wishing you the best of luck with your decisions.
Any local agent(s) can help you, contact any realty office(s) and inquire. Scams do exist, therefore if not using an agent do proceed with caution. Also check local print media for by owner rentals, word of mouth, etc.
If you are interested in Brooklyn I will be at your service!