Cynthia Cole…, Renter in East Colfax, Denver,...

i recent aquired a rental from scott sigler who use to have you as their listing for their house .at 21571 40th is this a scam or real property

Asked by Cynthia Coleman, East Colfax, Denver, CO Thu Feb 13, 2014

Answers

7
Cynthia - This property was just sold and closed on Jan 13, 2014. I assume there is some reason you are concerned you were scammed. If you did not meet with the owner or property manager, to see this property personally, and/or were talked in to sending money via a wire transfer or money order without seeing the home, there is a good chance you were scammed.

If you wrote a check that has not yet cleared, you may want to stop payment. If you wired money, or mailed a money order, you may be out of luck. There are lots of rental scams out there. Never send money for rental deposits unless you have seen the property and have met with the owner or property manager. And, if the deal seems to good to be true, it's probably a scam.

I hope you were not a victim of a scam, but if you were - report it to law enforcement, and don't make the same mistake twice.

Best of luck to you.
Did you meet him face to face and physically see the property? Did you send him $$? I hope you answered yes to the first question and no to the 2nd. Always see the property with the owner and never send money! Good luck.
If there isn't a legit phone number or address listed on any postings...be extra careful. Meet with a "live" person before any information is traded. If someone is unwilling to meet with you in person, then they must not be very motivated to secure a tenant or buyer.
It is hard to say. The home recently sold 1-13-14. Is Scott Sigler the new owner? Since it has recently sold, when I look at public records, I see the old owner the county does not show the new owner yet. Have you seen the inside of the home? If there is a reason not to let you into see the home, it is likely a scam. What makes you think it is a scam? If it sounds too good to be true, then it likely is.
I have not heard of that agent nor know anyonr that has lived at that property
I do not see an Agent with last name Sigler in the Agent Database.
I don't know anything about this address or this person.