Rentals in Astoria>Question Details

nomee747, Home Buyer in Queens, NY

i am looking for 1 bedroom apartment to move in Jan 2013. ... I can pay upto 1500 max... can someone helkp me ?

Asked by nomee747, Queens, NY Tue Sep 11, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Astoria

Answers

10
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
hello me and wife we are renting one of apartment out for long time it
is well furnished and also located in a very conducive environment and
also very good community amenities like
bed,dresser,microwave,stove,refrigerator and internet service. if you
are interested you can
reply me back so w can actually proceed on renting out of the apartment.
price:$1,200 and the security fee is $500
location:1bd / 1ba apartment in Astoria....
you can mail me at williamslydia39@gmail....
waiting for your favorable response OK have a good day and remain bless
It would be my pleasure to help you to find an apartment to move into before the new year. Please call feel free to call me at 646 201-0564 or visit my website where you can find the most up to date apartment listings.
I have 1bedroom apartment $1450 28th st and 21st ave in Astoria. Great area. close to the N&Q trains
close to the stores and restaurants. Jan 1 move-in date
347-665-8019
hi, I have a 2bd coop bldg available to rent in Jan 2013, in elmhurst, queens, centrally located, near all subway, stores,malls,buses ... excellent area.. give me a call, 718 776 5020 or leave a message, need credit and income checks...or email at Lrollon2002@yahoo.com, owner.
Consider working with an agent; check http://www.mlsli.com Check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc.
PLEASE CALL ME AT (718) 322-8989
Hello Nomee. Your price range is excellent. Jamaica Estates is definitely in your options. Please contact me at your earliest opportunity to discuss your availability to look at units. 914-299-0420. I am available 24hrs.
CONTACT ME AT (718) 322-8989
WE specialize in rentals, please check our site http://www.WERENTNY.com for hundreds of listings with pictures, videos or feel free to call us at 646-606-2366