Rentals in New York>Question Details

brokenheart9…, Other/Just Looking in New York, NY

i am looking for a broker who takes one shot deal

Asked by brokenheart9084, New York, NY Mon Jun 10, 2013

i am currently looking for a broker who takes one shot deal my husband is working full time but we need this assistance asap i also have a three yr old son if you know of any i would reall appreciate it plz leave info below

Answers

9
Oh my....

So many Brokers and no one knows about one shot deal? :)
Corcoran doesn't do one shot deal lol

Anyway, one shot deal is a assistant to qualified Renters from Social Security Services. They used to pay brokerage fee and first month portion of rent, and security deposit.

Time has changed, and brokers only get 50% and the security deposit is a voucher, and not a check.

Many landlords do not accept vouchers as security.

Good luck in your search.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 10, 2013
but do they still pay the first months rent?
Flag Sun Jan 19, 2014
A one shot deal is when dss pays your first months rent and security after that it is in you the renter there in after to pay the rent. Now this is just the one shot deal with. No programs associated with other rent assistance dss offers. (DSS) Department of social services
Please contact me for assistance. My name is Dennis and I can be reached at 212-714-1027 ext 12. Thank you and good luck.
please if you are still available please it is urgent for you to give me a call at 718-916-2398
Flag Mon Oct 20, 2014
hello dennis please give me a call asap. 3474236320. I have a one shot deal voucher and I really need a place for my family.
Flag Thu Apr 17, 2014
It's not in the brokers vocabulary! I call myself a " one shot broker" as I can get the right apartment the first day our with my customers. I can match up after hearing the needs of my clients to great listings.
Is that where you saw the comment?
If you read the response below yours, you will discover what "one shot deal" apparently means!
Flag Mon Jun 10, 2013
Dear Miss Brokenheart9084, I'm sure all of us wish you the best moving forward. I'm are not sure what you are asking of us. "one shot deal" has no meaning, at least, to me. Since you ask in the rentals section, I would think you need to move quickly. If this is so, please provide more details so the brokerage community may be of some help. Price and location, etc. Thank you. Good luck.
You might want to explain what a "one shot deal" means, and be specific which borough and area you are looking to move to
What do you mean? Please explain. Are you looking to buy or,sell?
she is not looking to buy OR sell.....she wants to rent.....read the question and what's under it - it says "RENTALS in New York!!!
Flag Mon Jun 10, 2013
What is a one shot deal?
Joelle
a one shot deal is when HRA pays the 1st month rent and 1st month security. It can be a one time thing or on going. I have it one time.
Flag Wed Apr 16, 2014

Can you clarify what you mean by a one shot deal?
Please feel free to call me at 917 831 7722.

Sarah