Rentals in Springfield>Question Details

Springfield21, Home Owner in Springfield, OR

how is the rental market in Springfield right now? don't know if its a good time to put house up for rent this month house is single family.

Asked by Springfield21, Springfield, OR Sat Mar 5, 2011

Answers

3
I have four single family rentals in Springfield. I find that single family is very strong. Don't get me wrong, I'm not running out to raise my rents, but vacancy factor is next to none if your rents are competitive. There are a lot of people losing their homes, and running on bad times. Two of my renters are among those, who are good people who either lost their home and/or had unexpected health financial issues. I've had to give some on my credit history criteria. I also allow pets with good rental history.
Web Reference: http://www.rentometer.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 26, 2011
I would simply say yes. If your intention is to rent the house, it is a good time.
Ditto the other agent's advice. Rental markets remain strong. While Springfield generally has lower rent than maybe Eugene or Junction City, it is still a strong market. Proximity to the hospital or other large employers can be a plus. If you are managing the rental yourself, do a good tenant background check!
Flag Wed Oct 30, 2013
I dontk now if springfield is like the Grants Pass area but this is a good rental market right now. So many people are losing their homes that they need a rental. I hope that you get a good rent for yours. People here prefer a single family home to apartment living.