Rentals in Oakton>Question Details

Angela, Renter in Springfield, VA

how is the public transportation in this area?

Asked by Angela, Springfield, VA Mon Mar 11, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3109322978-12008-Hamden-Ct-Oakt…

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Oakton

Answers

4
You would have to get to one of the main roads like route 123, route 50, or Jermantown Road, in order to get a bus. The Vienna Metro station has a park and ride lot. The metro is usually very efficient in getting downtown and points east.
There are quite a few buses in Oakton but they mostly run from the Vienna metro or Tysons Corner, alongside Rtes 123, Jermantown Rd etc. but it would not be convenient to this particular rental as it's in the area of single family homes where buses don't run.

Give me a call at 571-309-1414 - I will help you to figure out the best location for your needs. I live in Oakton myself and know the area quite well.
Angela,
The Hamden Court house looks really nice. Have you rented it or considering it for rental? When I answered the question about transportation I was thinking of Oakton, more in the "downtown" area, but that's a different part of Oakton hence the reference to Chain Bridge Road. This house looks to be closer to West Ox Road which runs between Reston, Oakton and Fairfax. There is also good bus transportation along that route but the house is not as close to the Vienna Metro as I was suggesting. The Silver Line in Reston once open will be closer to the Hamden house.

If I can be of help to you with finding a new home please be in touch.

Thanks, Sherry

Flag•A moment ago
Hi Angela,

Public transportation offers many options. Metrobus schedules are available online and there are many routes to Washington, D.C., Tysons, Falls Church and locations west along with close in neighboring areas. The Metrorail is located in Vienna, just right "down the street" from Oakton on Chain Bridge Road, which becomes Maple Avenue in Vienna, then a right turn on Nutley Avenue takes you to the Metro station. The Silver Line is coming to Reston later this year. There are also many special stops for buses to the Pentagon and other key Washington locations.

I hope you're able to find just what you need and if you're new to the area, Welcome!

Best regards, Sherry

Sher@LNF.com
703-407-5778
Angela,

Thanks, Sherry
Flag Mon Mar 11, 2013