Rentals in Palmyra>Question Details

Ny1brunett, Home Buyer in Palmyra, NY

how bad is black mold, green mold and orange mold? my test showed all 3 in my apt. i have 2 aneurysms in my head. breathing this 4 3yrs.

Asked by Ny1brunett, Palmyra, NY Thu Dec 13, 2012

just got out of hosp. for aneurysms moved in to a basement apt. big beautiful house! kept getting so tired, can't breathe, nose is runny always! my throat and chest burns. i had to move out after i did a mold test that showed 3 different molds. she won't give me my security back!! is there something i can take for it?? a mold detox i heard of?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Palmyra

Answers

4
Check with your doctor regarding the dangers of any mold and see if any medication is necessary . As for the security deposit, what does your lease state...you can consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate, most offer a free consultation; also see link below for possible helpful information...
http://www.ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/pdfs/publications/T…
Ny1,
You are entitled to a safe place to live. Check out the NY Landlord Tenant Law I've attached. Your doctor would be the one to ask about the molds. Since you've had it tested, I would provide a copy of that test with the scientific names of the molds so your doctor can best advise you.
If you have difficulty with the landlord check with the attorney general's office or get a private attorney to advise you. Best of luck and I hope you fully recover.
only a doctor or professor can tell you how mild will affect your health please seek professional opinions and discuss your concerns with your landlord.
There is all different types of molds. Some are harmless and some are dangerous. you should get an expert to check out the mold, and see a doctor to see if it is the symptoms you are experiencing are mold related.
Attached is how to deal with mold in a home.
Web Reference: http://www.epa.gov/mold/