Rentals in Chicago>Question Details

Marikamarika…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

hey guys where cann I find rent aprt with 1 badroom without credit check?

Asked by Marikamarika88, Chicago, IL Wed Jan 22, 2014

I want move with my husband and our son
but my husband had bad credit check

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Chicago

Answers

10
Sometimes rentals that are rented from an individual vs an apartment complex will be more willing to work with you. A buyer's agent that specializes in rentals should be able to help you.
Many landlords require credit checks - but not all. Try Craigslist or Domu or if possible pay for a lot of the rent up front.
That's a tough one. Best of luck to you.
maybe, why not , but you gone have to do your own research and rent directly from the owner, if its listed, different story Realtors will run your credit to avoid liability.
There are a lot ....drive around and call the sign "For Rent"
Dear Renter,

Check craigslist. As well walk through the neighborhood(s) you would like to live in looking for FOR RENT signs. Meeting a landlord face to face and being 100% honest with him/her will score you points. Be pre-pared to pay a few extra months upfront as well as possibly additional security deposit.

Best of luck.
Your best bet is to look for apartments listed on Craig's List, the Reader or Domu. They may be less likely to run a credit check because they are not spending the money (commission) to list with one of the large apartment companies or on MLS. However, it is very hard to find a landlord that will skip the credit check. You should just be up front with the landlord, explain your situation, and be prepared to come up with several months of security deposit. Put your self in the landlord's shoes. What would you be willing to do as a landlord in a similar situation?
Most will require a credit check. However, some buildings/condo owners are more lenient with low credit scores than others.
I have worked with clients with bad credit and have been able to get them into nice condos. If you contact me with some details I may be able to give you some advice.
This will be very difficult to find. Most places are going to require a credit check.