Rentals in Houston>Question Details

Tiltedbrims, Renter in Shreveport, LA

frm Shreveport 2 Houston movng famly need rental home by Spt 1, evryne says tht Im looking 2 early.

Asked by Tiltedbrims, Shreveport, LA Mon Jul 2, 2012

Is there anythng I can do now to prepare?big move dnt wnt pressure on me trying to find a place at the last minute?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Houston

Answers

8
I hope you have contacted an agent to help you find a rental.
Hopefully you started looking last week.
That would have been perfect.
There are homes going as fast as they hit the market especially the ones with all the bells and whistles. Now is the time.
I have got people approved and moved in a week.
Contact me if you have not found an agent to help you.
Dilcie Roland/Keller Williams
281-794-3372
Welcome to Houston!

I too am from shreveport and have lived in Houston for many years. It is a great idea to prepare ahead of your arrival in Houston. There are many options to consider when you are looking for a place to live. Of course there is proximity to employment to ease any issues with the commute. Additionally, there is proximity to family members and/or friends. There is also preferences related to school districts if you have children.

If you have not been to Houston in a while, it may be time to visit one weekend and look at several areas of town. It may give you an idea of different parts of town.

Finally, contact an agent and ask to have a site set up with your specific preferences for your home. You can then flag homes you may be interested in. Many times it takes a while to find something that meets your needs and I think the earlier the better so that you are not pressured to accept something that may not meet your family's needs
Welcome to Houston!!! Yes you are looking too soon.
If you are looking to rent a house--No One is going to leave their home vacant until September.
Upon approval of an application the longest someone will hold their home vacant is 30 days.

If you are looking for an apartment it may be better because most apartments require 60 days notice to vacate. Therefore if they have an notice today they will be vacating @ the end of August then you could submit your application, get approved and know where you are moving to in the next 6o days.

There is an exception to this standard and that is if someone has a rent hoouse and the tenant has given notice to move out 07-31-12. If the house is on the market right now with the understanding the person is moving out 07-31-12--they will still PREFER a person who want to move in hopefully by the middle of the month as oppose to waiting 30 days for a move in. Giving them time to do make ready. In this scenario with good rental, decent credit, and stable income they may hold their home for you until 09-01-12.

I hope this helped you.
Please call me with any further questions.
Dilcie Roland/Keller Williams
281-794-3372
thanks ;)
Flag Tue Jul 3, 2012
it really depends on what area of town you are looking at, and if you are willing to put up both security deposit and first months rent ahead of time to hold a property til you are ready to move into.

If you know what area you need, you can have your Realtor check what is coming up on the market. Some properties are listed 30 days prior to the tenants moving out, and some properties may need work and the landlord is waiting on funds to complete repairs....

Feel free to contact me or any of the agents on this forum to send you a personalized search of rentals so that you may get aquainted with the neighborhoods and pricing....
thanks ;)
Flag Tue Jul 3, 2012
thanks ;)
Flag Tue Jul 3, 2012
Where do you live in Shreveport? I went to Centenary college a long time ago. give me a shout and bring me some strawberry Pie from Strawns

Dane
281 723 1369
It's not too early to do some preliminary looking and pricing, however the majority of owners will not want to hold a house for 2 months. There are, however, some owners who start advertising earlier than others. If you'd like some help with your move give me a call or send me an email.

Sabrina Dupas
Better Homes and Garden Real Estate Gary Greene
2323 Town Center Dr.
Sugar Land, Texas 77478
(281) 980-5050 office
(281) 980-5426 fax
(832) 264-3958 cell
sabrina.dupas@garygreene.com
The rental market in Houston is VERY active right now- most of the good ones stay on the market less than a week and have tenants moving in under two weeks from signing. I have had clients take a property early (pay rent for Aug to secure a Sept move in) or sometimes you can find properties where the tenants are not moving out until later and they are just marketing it ahead of time (that is rare though). I can help you out with your search- I do a ton of rentals in the Houston area. Call me direct 713-447-3727 or email me anytime. :)
The rental market is very a bit crazy right now. It is not likely a landlord will accept a rental with a 2 month move in. If you are willing to take the August 1st you have a better chance.
Web Reference: http://www.Daverealty.com
yea Ive thought about that but Aug 1st wouldnt work. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Flag Tue Jul 3, 2012