Rentals in 28590>Question Details

Best1, Renter in Winterville, NC

do you rent to bankrupcy individuals?

Asked by Best1, Winterville, NC Wed May 5, 2010

family was forced to file bankrupcy do to wife losing job. Relocating to area because she is starting new job
at Wake Medical Center. Just lookin for a fresh start or a second chance. Would like to know if you rent to persons in that type of situation.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 28590

Answers

2
Hi Best1. Bankruptcy is tough to get away from. Most owners in my market (New York City) would require more money up front than the usual first month's rent and security deposit. Many owners may request six months plus security or the full years payment in total so as not to find themself with a deadbeat tenant who can only be sent packing through an eviction.

However, the old saying is true and all real estate is local so, owners in your area may be a bit more flexible especially if a vacant apt has been sitting empty for a while. I would suspect the renters credit has taken a severe hit. This is an indicator of one's ability to pay and owners will take note.

Lastly, I would expect any landlord to bump these renters for more money up front to protect their own interest. Good luck.
Sometimes. It depends upon the circumstances, the people involved, etc.