Rentals in San Francisco>Question Details

thaker.t, Renter in San Francisco, CA

do you recommend working with real estate agents to find rental properties?

Asked by thaker.t, San Francisco, CA Wed Sep 11, 2013

Answers

5
Rentals can be tricky because they're not as well regulated as home sales -- anyone with an extra bedroom can rent it out on Craigslist as they see fit. That said, a rental is much less of an investment than buying a home and so the risk is accordingly less.

I recommend looking through more accredited resources for rentals. Call a property manager and see what s/he has available. There's no commitment in asking around. Another good resource is the San Francisco's Association of Realtors website: http://www.sfrealtors.com/US/Rental-Properties-Listings.html.

Hope this helps!

Jon Richards
Probably not. The standard way seems to be Craigslist.

I have a contact who will find rentals for tenants, but there is a minimum monthly rent and you pay the commission for finding the place.

It will be some work to find it on your own, but it probably is the best way.

Best of luck in the search.

Eric Castongia
Zephyr Real Estate
BRE No. 01188380
Web Reference: http://SFHotBuy.com
I strongly recommend working with a Rental Agent,. The fee you would paying the agent is well worth the time and aggravation you would be saving yourself. I would also be careful when answering Craigslist ads.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 12, 2013
It can't hurt. I would talk with agents, property management companies and also Craigslist.
IF you want to avoid scams. I would suggest you work with a realtor or go directly to a property management company

Best f luck to you!!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor