Rentals in Vancouver>Question Details

Nancy ONeal, Real Estate Pro in Vancouver, WA

do you have to have a license to property manage?

Asked by Nancy ONeal, Vancouver, WA Fri Jun 25, 2010

Answers

7
Yes. Falls under the Washington State regulations. I have dealt with some property management companies and I have to question the reason why. I had a property manager for one of my rentals, and all they did was pre-qualify, maintain grounds, make a report now and then. Handling the rent payments was the most challenging part of their job. Oh of course they do have the renters sign a contract that is completely pre-formed. Not even close to all the legal contracts we as agents have to deal with.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 25, 2010
Yes you do, You also need to have it active and hung with a brokrage that will allow you to manage property./
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 12, 2010
Yes! You should contact the Department of Licensing for the guidelines for managing properties. There are new guidelines coming into effect on July 1, 2010 and it is important to be legal and in compliance.
Sue Pauley
Web Reference: http://www.SuePauley.com
Yes, you need a license to mange someone elses property. You do not need one to manage your own.
Yes, if you are managing someone else's property you certainly do, now as wth any law, you will find not all abide by it. Typically your "slum landlords" are not in full compliance
If you are managing your own proeprties then no, if you are managing other peoples or owners properties, then yes, you need a real estate license in teh state you are managing those properties.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
if you're property managing other people's properties.. yes.
Property management falls under the definition of real estate brokerage service....which in order to perform.. you have to be licensed.