Rentals in Las Vegas>Question Details

neleiva, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

can i rent my house without including the storage shed attached to it?

Asked by neleiva, Las Vegas, NV Mon Sep 24, 2012

the storage shed is to the side of the house, has separated keys to get access to it, however i would like to keep it for my own personal use.

Answers

5
Team D'Ercole, Matt & Kim’s answer
What ever you put in writing in lease and agreed to is find as long as it goes not break state or federal law. The key is to do a very detailed background check, job, income,credit, criminal, and rental and put EVERYTHING IN WRITING. Matt and Kim
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 24, 2012
Hello, Neleiva.

You most certainly can...as long as there is an addendum that describes what you want. My recommendation is to have a good contract that spells out whichever stipulations you will need.

Although we do lease/options (which generally make more money for the landlord than doing just a straight rent: http://lvpropertysearch.com/las-vegas-investment-homes/las-v…), you are welcome to view the first 2 pages of the lease we use, it may help you understand what terms should actually be in place:

(Sample Contract) - http://ifindproperties.com/lvleaseoptions/sample_agreement.pdf

Additionally, if you need assistance in locating a tenant for the property, feel free to give us a call. We move properties VERY quickly and would love to discuss your options with you (See link below):

http://lvpropertysearch.com/landlord-videos

Hopefully this information helps you out!

Limestone Investments, LLC.
LV Property Search
Info@LVPropertySearch.com
(702) 619-6215
Neleiva,

No disrespect against other agents, most of us all like to work together as a team. However, not necessarily in your case, agents sometimes do what is necessary for them to make the deal go through. Unfortunately, they are not always in your favor.

LV Property Search
Info@LVPropertySearch.com
Flag Mon Sep 24, 2012
thx, i asked to my propert manager and he said i cannot and he just called me and he already got the contract signed by the tenant without including this stipulation. He mencioned something about RSA108A but i check on it and nothing said that the tenant must have complete access to all the property
Flag Mon Sep 24, 2012
I agree with everything mentioned previously but would just like to add that if the items into the shed are flammable or potentially hazardous then you'll want to disclose that to the tenant. Additionally, you may look into your homeowners insurance policy to make sure the items are covered when you are not occupying the property.
You are asked to leave things that are attached and cant be moved from its spot. If not just make it perfectly clear in an addendum that you will be keeping it.
Absolutely. You just have to disclose that and have in written into the lease.