Rentals in Detroit>Question Details

Danielle Mas…, Renter in Clinton Township, MI

can i get a rental with a no credit check because they are things on my credit i need removed but my timeframe is limited?

Asked by Danielle Masterson, Clinton Township, MI Wed Nov 21, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Detroit

Answers

4
There are some landlords that will lease without a credit check, but they are getting hard to find. You may want to attempt to locate some "smaller" landlords, as opposed to large apartment complexes. Some of these property owners that do it on a smaller scale may be more likely to work with you.

Instead of trying to avoid a credit check altogether, it may make more sense to explain your credit issues in advance, and be completely honest about it. Then they can tell you up front if they will be willing to rent to you if what the credit report shows them is the same scenario you explained. If you have a good reason for the issues, and pretty solid proof that you will be a reliable renter (for example, really strong references from your previous landlords and proof that you always paid on time), you will almost certainly be able to find a landlord that will work with you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 27, 2012
thank you sorry for the late response
Flag Sat Sep 7, 2013
Hello Danielle,

Yes, most landlords run credit check's but don't care about the score. They are looking for no prior eviction and stuff like that. You can email me for more info. Ahamilton1203@yhaoo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 27, 2012
Your question, itself, raises a red flag about your desirability as a renter. You best get your credit cleaned up in order to get the roof over your head that you desire.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 21, 2012
It seems as though lately it is harder to find landlords willing to rent without a credit check. There are some I am sure but they will be tougher to find. My suggestion to you is to seek the help of a credit repair professional. Find one you trust and then follow the plan they prepare for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 21, 2012