Rentals in Phoenix>Question Details

Patty Lopez, Renter in Phoenix, AZ

are there any rentals out there with deposits included with rent?

Asked by Patty Lopez, Phoenix, AZ Wed Jul 18, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Phoenix

Answers

7
Are you searching for a rental home? It is somewhat hard to tell from your question, but are you looking for a landlord that will work with you on the security deposit? Perhaps you are looking for a move in special? Please let me know if I am on the right track and I would be happy to work with you!
Yes Iam and being on disability/pensions its makes that much harder to have any money saved for a deposit. But I guess I really didn't know exactly how deposit would work ! Iam fairly new on home rentals! all I know rent is already pretty high as well but I guess its demographic area you live in?
Flag Thu Jul 19, 2012
Patty. David Fuller is a good guy who is great at thinking outside the box.
Patty, the reason the deposit is not normally included in the rent, is that the deposit is often refundable when you move out, assuming the home is in good condition. The rent, however, is not refundable.
One agent in Goodyear is saying you need about $3,000 down for rental??? why if you are not buying
the property ? you just want to lease for about a year.
Jason Webb is pretty accurate. Also, like I said, it is sometimes less, sometimes more, it all depends on what you have available to lease on a given house, depends on the desposit usually. If you have pets you will have a deposit for those also, and sometimes monthly pet rent. Every persons situation is different and every house criteria will be different. I just tell people it will take a little investigationg to find the right fit for them. There are also landlords that will work with you, if told upfront a situation.
Flag Thu Jul 19, 2012
Some sample numbers for a rental rate of $1,000/mo, you would need 1st month rent $1,000, tax $25, security deposits $1,000 to $1,500, application fee $50. As you can see, you need to budget about 2.5 time the rent rate.

If you want to buy, you are going to need a lot more than $3,000 in most cases.
Flag Thu Jul 19, 2012
Hi Patty,

If you have good credit and good rental history it will probably be fairly easy to find a landlord who will work with you. Landlord may consider taking payments on deposits or break up the initial rent into payments.

If credit is not so good, start saving up money for your move.

Poor credit may require offering more than the asking amount of deposit to have your application considered.

Best advice is to be up front with a landlord or property manager when calling on places. Let them know up front your situation including funds available to move and credit issues. You don't wan't to waste your time or landlords time if they can't work with your situation.

Best of luck.
There are many apartments that will waive the security deposit upon credit approval. House rentals, I havent seen what you are asking, before. Most times what I tell people, it will take close to or around $3000 down to move into a house rental, depending on what you budget for your monthly rent. That is not set in stone for all rentals, some are less and some are more, but for many it is close to the mark.
Hope that helps you!

Jackie Lonneville ~ REALTOR(R)/Rental Locator
Sinmar Realty, LLC
623-282-7190
Not really but willing to help you. If there are some available we'll find them.
David R Fuller
RE/MAX Desert Showcase
602-363-7653