Rentals in 89141>Question Details

danielle.far…, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

a realtor has shown me a house to rent that is listed as back up or continent? what does that mean?

Asked by danielle.farmelo, Las Vegas, NV Mon Jun 17, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 89141

Answers

6
Suzie Marquardt Dave Fahrny’s answer
If it is contingent status It means that someone is under contract to rent the property. I guess someone could ask that their application be left in backup position in case the party under contract does not rent the prproperty. You never know but a backup position on a rental is probably a longshot! I would ask your agent why they are showing you a house that is already under contract.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
702-234-7653
Fahrnyteam@ yahoo.com
http://www.FastNevadaShortSales.com
Just curious, Your Realtor, who will get paid for working with you (once you find the property you like and close) could not answer this question for you?...
Just curious,
Your Realtor, who will get paid for working with you (once you find the property you like and close)
could answer this question for you?...
It means that the Landlord and the Tenant have entered into a lease agreement but the deal has not closed. If you are really interested in that property ask your real estate agent to find out from the listing agent what is the status exactly in this house. There are number of reasons the first contract to lease could fall through. If the listing agent was sure that everything was ok with the existing lease, the property will appear pending, not contingent or back up.

Maria Cipollone

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
I would like to know too!
It means that someone has already put their money down for the deposit on the home. Find another property as people rarely ever change their minds on a rental because they can lose their deposits if they do.