Rentals in Atlanta>Question Details

Michael, Renter in Atlanta, GA

4 young professionals looking for a 4br house to rent in Atlanta for around $2000 - 2200. Va Highland, Piedmont Heights, Midtown.

Asked by Michael, Atlanta, GA Thu Mar 28, 2013

There's a lot of houses for sale in the area we're looking, but not many for rent. We were wondering if we have reasonable expectations that something will pop up in this area and in our price range. Also, should we maybe contact sellers and see if instead they would like to rent to us? Any help greatly appreciated.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Atlanta

Answers

5
Dave Herren’s answer
Michael,

Rentals in your budget and location are rare, so landlords do very little advertising other than placing a yard sign out or an ad on a free website. Look for websites that consolidate rental listings to make a more efficient web search.

If homeowners are willing to offer an option to rent, that is usually noted in the MLS listing. Since the market in these neighborhoods now favors sellers, very few owners offer an option to rent.

Consider increasing your budget, or look in neighborhoods that are not super hot. Try Grant Park, Ormewood Park, East Atlanta, Edgewood or Kirkwood.

Dave Herren
Best Atlanta Properties
404-425-4945
Hi Michael!

I have a house on Virginia Ave coming up for lease, fully furnished, 4 beds/2 baths. Available in June. This might be a perfect solution for you.

Contact me directly for more information, mfischer@14west.com.

Take care,
I can certainly help you guys look for a place. Let me know if you would like to discuss.

Jeff Jackson
Prudential Georgia Realty Buckhead
404-909-1965
jeff.jackson@prudentialgeorgia.com
In these areas the rentals are generally higher than that for that size of a home. In this market those neighborhoods sale easily so sellers will not rent and tie up their properties. This is especially true at the start of the Spring selling season.

Good Luck in your search. Please let me know directly if you have any questions.
Perhaps one of you should buy the house and rent to the 4 of you. You could turn it into an investment property afterwards by renting it or selling it. Using private money can help you get the money to buy the place.

If you go to google and type in "virginia highlands georgia rent" it will bring up rentals for you.