Rentals in Oklahoma City>Question Details

Kelsey, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

22 y/o young professional female relocating to OKC for a full time job for the next 2-3 years. Need advice on where to live please?

Asked by Kelsey, Brooklyn, NY Thu Aug 22, 2013

Hello!
I'm relocating to OKC within the next month. I've never been to OKC. I'm in the creative/fashion industry with a BFA in Art/Design. I'd love to live around young professionals like myself in a neighborhood that's trendy, alive, and has a lot to do in terms of nightlife/socializing. My budget is below/around 800/month for a studio or 1 bed/1bath apartment. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. I'll be down in a week or so to view apartments. Thanks!

Answers

5
The Paseo! Just north of down town in the arts district. Super cute
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 11, 2013
Took the words write out of my hands. lol
Flag Wed Oct 30, 2013
There are many very nice areas in the OKC Metro. A knowledgeable realtor will be able to help you find these places. Try calling Josh Barnett @ 405 315 7965. He can set you up to receive property information through a search engine.

Also, Carolyn is right. It is a much better idea to purchase a home in this area. Let me know if you have any questions about how to finance your new house. I would be happy to help.
Have you considered purchasing a home? Oklahoma City is one of the places that it is less expense to buy than to rent. If you go to MSN Real Estate, there is a buy versus rent calculator. If I can help, let me know.

Carolyn Sims
Keller Williams Elite
405-808-7922
There are many options, but your mention of nightlife/socializing immediately brings the Bricktown and midtown areas to mind. Great revitalization going on in these areas. Good luck on your transition.
Plenty of options! Trulia and Zillow have decent rental postings. Other places to google, meeting your social request, include Bricktown, Paseo district, Downtown OKC, MId-Town OKC rentals and many, many more.

Best of luck and welcome to Oklahoma!
Web Reference: http://www.ubhometeam.com