Rentals in Delray Beach>Question Details

Ida Gray, Home Buyer in Greenback, TN

55 and over community

Asked by Ida Gray, Greenback, TN Sun Jul 15, 2012

I am looking to rent the above we are in are 70's and can only afford 700.00 month would liked something nice, not run down, low crime rate, and accepts diabetic lab 10 yr old. What would you recommend or maybe a townhome but, can't find that price range that we can afford.

Answers

7
Royal Palm 55 plus in Boyton Beach has rentals under 700 and allows dogs. So does many of the others in Boyton Beach. May not be Delray but its close enough. Check out MHVillage and look at the communities. And call them.
I would strongly caution anyone from dealing with Jeff Thomas or ShortermRentals.com. Mr. Thomas was friendly, outgoing, and professional until I requested the return of my deposit (under agreed upon terms).

From that point forward, though he agreed that he owed me the refund, he became immature, sarcastic, and belligerent complete with vulgarity, name-calling and now unanswered e-mails. He ultimately sent a check which his bank said could not be cashed before knowing the check number or amount so it was not a stop-payment situation related only to me and likely not an honest mistake of insufficient funds. Had I tried to deposit or cash his check at my own bank I'd have been charged a $35 return check fee.

Since he knows I have nonrefundable airline tickets and I told him that I can't afford to rent a new place until I have the refund, his goal seems to be to prevent me from being able to travel.

As of now, I filed a police complaint, will file a police report if I don't receive valid payment after the required waiting period, and am waiting for my credit card to recoup the $800.

There are virtually no agencies that govern the type of work Mr. Thomas does so if you do transact with him I'd strongly advise doing so with a credit card. He has a Paypal link on his website but Paypal will not intercede in transactions for services.

I'm happy to answer any questions if it will help anyone avoid the type of trouble he caused me.
Please also notice that Thompson's website has no positive comments from users.

Also, I found this link regarding complaints against his company:
http://florida-business-complaints.findthedata.org/l/6261/SHORTERMRENTALS-COM
Flag Tue Mar 26, 2013
Also please notice that Mr. Thomas's website does not contain a business address or license number. Should a problem occur, there is no way to find/contact him other than via phone or e-mail, meaning there is no official way to report him to authorities.
Flag Tue Mar 26, 2013
Ida, try this

Jeff Thomas 561-531-1440

800-757-0015 shortermrentals1@gmail.com

http://(www.shortermrentals.com)
I think it is a REAL shame that places do not allow pets. There are so many people who have beloved pets and need places to live. Bunch of crock to put a weight and breed restriction on these rentals. Makes no sense. Very ignorant rule. Can't fix stupid.

Ida, whatever you do, do not give up your beloved pet. Keep searching.
Hi Ida, in this area for under $700 a month rent, it will be Kings Pointe in Delray Beach and Century Village in Boca Raton both communities do not allow pets, certified service dogs yes. If there is a unit in this area that is under $700 and accepts pets it may be under 20 lbs.

Eva Aliaga
561-859-9926
IdealFloridaLiving.com
I saw some in Pines Isle North 55 and over is that a bad area? How much do you have to pay rent if you have a dog. I know everyone has a pet fee. This dog only sleeps most of the day. what 55 and over communities accept dogs.
Hello Ida,

Your not going to find any rentals in the Delray area that allow pets in your price range. Please feel free to give me a call so we can discuss your options

Peter Cavanagh CIAS
Certified Investor Agent Specialist
Broker / Realtor
Realty Emporium
561 330-3600
peter@realtyemporium.net

Sales * Leasing * Property Management

ASK ME WHY NOW IS A GREAT TIME TO BUILD WEALTH WITH REAL ESTATE