Rentals in Carson>Question Details

Dazdeborahwms, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

-----Original Message----- From: Nenita p Hao <nenitaph@yahoo.com> To: Sent: Thu, Aug 25, 2011 11:49 am Sub

Asked by Dazdeborahwms, Los Angeles, CA Thu Aug 25, 2011

Is the email message I pasted above a scam?
They are out of state and want to do business electronically.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Carson

Answers

4
Please Click on my photo to get to my profile & read my 2 blog posts called "RENTAL SCAMS - RED FLAGS - PUBLIC BEWARE".

If you see anything in the email you have that sounds like my examples, it is a SCAM. Out of State, doing leases electronically, those are Red Flags that require more investigation. You need to make sure you're dealing with the ACTUAL OWNER of the property. Don't ever rent without being able to see the INSIDE of the house PRIOR to your doing any sort of application or giving any money away.

I don't look back on this same trulia thread for answers after mine. Email me directly if you'd like.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
I inquired about a property in carson and this is the intial email I received: Hello,
We are pleased that you have an interest in our house, Our lovely home is still available for lease and we want responsible adults/family who are neat and also believe that they have what it takes to take care of our house as if it were theirs. My wife and I initially had it up for sale but had a change of mind in leasing it out ourselves because the agent that was in charge of our rental property was asking too much of an agent fee and also making it difficult for people who cannot afford the rent, stay away from renting my house.
The reason why our house is up for lease is because I got transferred from my place of work to Springfield MA, I will be away with my family for at least 4 to 5 years because of the love I have for them, I have decided not to sell our house and also assuring them that we only have few years to spend here and will be willing to lease it out to person/family who is willing to assure us of taking absolute care of our home and pay their rent on time. I will start by telling you more in regards me and my family. I have a daughter named Leslie (20yrs) who attends University of Massachusetts as a medical student, she has a lot going for her and she is also down to earth in all that she does to keep us happy and when she is back home on vacation, she also assist her mom in the house work when am at work. I work as a Robotic Programmer & Welder/Fitter here in Massachusetts and got married to a lovely wife who is a member of Joyce Meyer Ministries . We will be
very pleased if we can find the right tenant to rent our home, a person who is a clean freak and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirt... we also would like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our home. These 4 bedrooms and 2 baths home are very specious and neat. 1,500 sqft
Below is the rental property address:

24619 Panama Avenue, Carson CA 90745
Pets allowed: Yes
Rent:1400
Deposit:1000
The rental fee is inclusive with utilities.

Remain Blesssed,
Mr. & Mrs. Nenita P Hao

I posted the other emails on the Blog that Emily S Knell posted. I also called the Realtor and they informed me that this house has been in escrow since 8/3/11. Its unfortunate that they can scam people this way. Im just glad I researched it this closely.
Another thing you should do, which I'm not sure if I put in the blog is if you're EVER wondering about someone, try to copy/paste their phone number or email address into the google search bar, sometimes you'll get hits back of other people reporting problems or scams associated with those email addys or phone #'s.
You only copy/pasted who it was from, not the actual content of the email. Hit the orange/yellow "answer" button to your own question and you'll be able to add more information.