Rentals in 10065>Question Details

ktse840058, Renter in 10065

Years ago I rented a 2nd floor space as a showroom/retail in NYC. I found out it was an illegal conversion by landlord;was supposed to be 2 apts

Asked by ktse840058, 10065 Sun Oct 13, 2013

should i get the all the benefits as a residential tenant by law. i am responsible for real estate tax escalation as my lease say I have to pay 20% of tax increases.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 10065

Help the community by answering this question:


Get good real estate lawyer and check out landords details.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 25, 2014
You need to discuss this with your real estate attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
You really should discuss your lease details and your rights, with an attorney with an attorney who specializes in real estate...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Find a good real estate attorney. My guess is this - if you're still using the place as retail/showroom and you push back on getting the benefits of the place as a residence, then the landlord will push back on you. You can't have it both ways. But neither can your landlord. Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer