Rentals in San Antonio>Question Details

feridaye, Renter in San Antonio, TX

Willing to pay 6 months advance rent, why is no one willing to work with us?

Asked by feridaye, San Antonio, TX Tue Aug 13, 2013

My husband and I just moved to San Antonio from Washingtom state. We are looking to rent a 2 bedroom house as we have two dogs, a lab/dalmation mix and a dachshund. The lab tends to be nervous barker and since we wish to be good neighbors we don't feel an apt, duplex, or townhome would be ideal. Although if those are our only options we are not opposed.

Being that we just moved here our only income is from an inheritance. My husband is looking for work but he can't get a job without an address, and we can't get a place to live without a job. Isn't there someone willing to help us with the break we need?

Answers

7
Contact me immediately at (210) 995-2321, i got a home with a big backyard that can accept your situation temporarily. Please leave a message if I am unavailable.
Provided that you can show proof of funds with a bank statement, I'm not sure why you are having a problem finding a place to rent. If the inheritance is quite small the concern would be you will be out of funds with no employment. Have you considered a co-signer as a means of getting a lease? Some management companies do not allow co-signers but ours does. Feel free to contact me to discuss further. Perry Kelly, Morris Realty, San Antonio.
I appreciate all the input from everyone. We can pay between $800 to $1000 a month, and can pay 6 months in advance. Not sure what our credit rating is...we were living with my husband's mother for the last 6 years as her caregivers. She owned the family home in Washington state. She passed away this past September and because she had done a reverse mortgage on the home we had to move. We can produce a letter from our Edward Jones investor showing that we do indeed have more than enough money to cover at least 6 months rent. Just need to find someone willing to accept that as our proof of income. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.
It is hard to tell without knowing your financial situation and credit report.
Normally it is necessary when you are new in town and have not a steady job, or you have some credit issues, evictions or broken leases. I hope you can find a house to rent soon. Call me if you need more advice. (210) 455-7635
Good Luck.
Feridaye,

Your unique situation requires an understanding property manager or owner. If you have a 580 plus credit score, I know if a few rental options for you that will provide you with a home.

Marc Dominguez
Keller Williams Realtor
I can help you with finding a home. Call or email me anytime 210-978-4610 | mr.prealty@live.com
I think I can help you depending on you financial situation. Let me know.