Rentals in Aurora>Question Details

cbrocks4, Renter in Aurora, IL

Will someone rent me a home even though I just filed bankruptcy?

Asked by cbrocks4, Aurora, IL Sun Jul 21, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Aurora

Answers

2
cbrocks,
Potentially, but not necessarily. Sometimes right after a BK, your other debt is wiped out and you have more funds available than before. Each landlord determines what they see as acceptable credit. Some will be disinclined, but others may take a chance. Be prepared to provide an explanation of what happened and why it won't be an ongoing problem (if that's true). You may be asked to pay a higher deposit, or some rent in advance if that's permitted in Ill.
If someone says "no,' it's reasonable to be disappointed but don't blame the landlord. They are looking out for their own financial well being and probably have a mortgage on that house that is paid by the rents collected.
It is hard to say. I am having trouble right now for a client of mine who just had a bankruptcy show up on credit report.
I am having some consideration. By taking up good for my clients cause they are really a nice family. Everyone deserves a chance.
Give me a call I will try to find you something.
Thanks Anthony Giannone
Kettley Realtors