Rentals in Marietta>Question Details

Steffanie Bu…, Renter in Dallas, TX

Will it be hard to obtain a lease for a nice home?

Asked by Steffanie Bush, Dallas, TX Sat Nov 23, 2013

Looking to rent in 30066 area. Undergoing credit restoration leaving my credit score low 500. I have good rental history & job security.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Marietta

Answers

1
It all depends on the landlord or the management company and it also depends on your definition of "nice". Nice homes for lease in good neighborhoods are not easy to find. Your poor credit history will definitely limit the number of homes available to you--especially the nicer rentals and the ones which have pre-set qualification standards which you will not meet. . It might be possible to overcome some of this by increasing the amount of the deposit or paying some months in advance to reduce the risk to the lessor. A higher income with some assurances of continued employment would also help--generally, your monthly income will need to be MORE than 3 times the monthly rent. If it is a lot more, that helps your case.

MorganWMcDonald@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013